Top 10 Cycling Apps to Transform your Cycling Routines into Smart RoutinesCycling is a hardcore physical exercise that involves various health-related aspects, including heart rate, breath rate, exhaustion, etc. We have enlisted the top cycling apps that effectively monitor all these parameters and more.
Our Top Picks
It is a known fact that cycling increases cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength and flexibility, improved joint mobility, improved posture and coordination, strengthened bones, decreased body fat levels, and decreased stress levels. But, like other exercises, it also increases heart rate, breath rate, exhaustion levels, etc. This is where the cycling apps step in!
The list of Best Cycling Apps in 2021
Strava - Cycling Tracker App
Strava is one of the best cycling tracker app, and hence we have given it the no. 1 spot on our list. It effectively monitors and tracks all user activities. Strava is thus, a comprehensive sports app that not only helps to track cycling distance, but is also useful for tracking, swimming, hiking, indoor running, indoor cycling, and gym workouts, to name a few. The users may also opt to challenge themselves with a monthly challenge and compete with others for the same.
Features of Strava
- Strava helps its users in recording their activities
- As one of the best cycling tracker app, Strava allows its users to compare their performances over time
- With the best cycling tracker app, you can track the progress in terms of distance, speed, calories burned, and elevation gained
- Strava can also effectively work with GPS running watches and cycling computers
Map My Ride - Cycling Tracker App
Map My Ride is one of the most subscribed apps to track cycling distance. Under the purview of Under Armour, the app helps cyclists stay on track and motivated to achieve their goals. With Map My Ride app, you can record GPS-based activities while you track cycling distance in order to view your overall workout regimes in the form of detailed stats in a hassle-free manner. It also includes several video tutorials, designed by specialists, for outdoor workouts.
Features of Map My Ride
- Map My Ride provides its users with a collection of more than 600 workout routines designed by Under Armour Performance Specialists that require minimal equipment
- As the best bicycle app, it helps viewers train smarter with a custom running plan fit for their sporting level and goals
- The app includes several challenges to keep the users motivated. For instance, the Healthy at Home challenge to log 12 workouts in 30 days
- The app offers great support for wearables, especially the HOVR technology-based smart shoes. It also supports Google Fit, Android Wear, Garmin, Fitbit, Suunto, etc
- The app also helps the subscribers monitor their nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal. It helps them track their calorie intake and burn as well
Runtastic Road Bike - Cycling Tracker App
Runtastic Road Bike is one of the most effective track cycling apps that doubles up as a handy bike computer as well. It is one of the leading cycling tracker apps as it allows the users to record their road bike activities, compare them with friends, workouts to improve race times & reach personal training goals, to name a few. Runtastic also enables the users to track their cycling adventures in real-time.
Features of Runtastic Road Bike
- As one of the best apps for cyclists, Runtastic uses GPS to track and monitor the progress of the users on the parameters of distance covered, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc
- The app allows live tracking share user’s progress with friends
- The app also helps users to easily browse & search thousands of bike routes & bike trails
- The included maps and voice coach helps keep the users automatically posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc. while cycling
- There are also options to create a music playlist for tours and even track wind & weather conditions
Garmin Connect - Cycling Tracker App
As one of the best apps for cyclists, Garmin Connect helps you effectively track health data and then utilize it to achieve fitness goals. With millions of registered app users, Garmin helps users to review their fitness records for steps, distance, and pace. They may even end up earning badges for the same.
Features of Garmin Connect
- Garmin provides the information and inspiration to users to keep going and achieve goals
- The app allows its users to view their daily health data in vivid detail
- The users may analyze their activities and related statistics
- As the best bicycle app, it provides users with customized workouts and courses
- Garmin easily connects with other fitness-related apps like MyFitnessPal and Strava to multiply its overall effectivity
Cyclemeter - Cycling Tracker App
With several maps, graphs, splits, intervals, laps, announcements, zones, and training plans to its credit, Cyclemeter is one of the most advanced cycling apps out there. It is a very contemporary cycling tracker app that also tracks weather reports to support sports, including running, walking, skating, skiing, etc., as well. The users can record their workouts and later view them for analysis.
Features of Cyclemeter
- As one of the best cycling tracker apps, Cyclemeter records an unlimited number of workouts
- The users can easily swipe across its stopwatch to see their customizable pages of stats, maps, and graphs
- They can even view workouts on a calendar (or in the form of a bar or a pie chart, etc.) and by routes and activities
- The user may view terrain and traffic maps, including Google Maps’ functionalities and trackers that track stoppages
- The app effectively records heart rate, bike speed, bike cadence, and bike power with sensors
Bike Computer - Your Personal GPS Cycling Tracker
Bike Computer includes a holistic community of bike lovers. It is undoubtedly the best app to track cycling long distances as it motivates its users to ride more with over 100,000 active cyclists from the Bike Computer community. With its several ride-safety, connectivity, and workout motivational features, Bikecomputer is one of the best cycling trackers out there.
Features of Bike Computer
- Minimal, modern, and functional design with a user-friendly interface for maximum performance
- Bike Computer helps track, record, and customize your ride, as per your goals and requisite metrics
- This track cycling app also features a dark theme to help save battery while cycling at night
- The app has a unique ‘Keep me Safe’ feature that ensures the rider always has someone to call in case of an accident
- The app effectively and easily connects with your other devices, especially Bluetooth activity trackers and HR monitors
Sports Tracker - Running Cycling
Sports Tracker is one the oldest and the most successful track cycling apps out there as it helps monitor the user’s training using powerful GPS and maps, analyze everything from calories burned to average speed and altitude. The app provides its users with workout routines developed by professionals and a customizable workout diary to record their own set of exercise routines. As the best bike computer app out there, sports tracker has helped millions of runners, cyclists, and fitness fans globally to stay fit and healthy.
Features of Sports Tracker
- The app effectively helps users to track and analyze their workout performances and monitor fitness progress through more than 90 types of workouts
- The app has a dedicated Workout Diary to record progress
- The app also allows the users to track calories burned, average training and cycling speed, running pace, altitude, and more
- The app includes a cycling-friendly feature list of GPS maps, time and distance calculators,voice feedback, social feed uploading, etc
- The app helps users to explore and find new heat maps and routes
- It is free of cost
Kudo Coach - Cycling Training Plan
Kudo Coach is one of the best indoor cycling apps that helps its users build and follow a personalized cycling training plan adapted to their busy lives. Kudo coach is a wholesome cycling app with customizable workout options and an interface which can be easily synchronized with other cycling apps. The app offers a 30-day free trial period. Priced at a monthly subscription of $4.99/month, thereafter, the app ensures to have a bigger impact on the user’s overall performance than all their other cycling purchases combined.
Features of Kudo Coach
- The user’s training plans are customized as per their training goals or upcoming cycling events to try and optimize the user's limited training time for maximum performance gains
- The app can be easily synchronized with other cycling platforms like Garmin, Strava, etc
- The app covers over 1,000 proven, structured indoor and outdoor workouts
- The track cycling app also effectively connects to the Bluetooth heart rate monitor, power meter, speed devices, and smart trainer
- The users may also opt for personalized and timely training advice and tips from Oli Beckingsale, 3 times Olympic cyclist, and an in-house pro-cycling coach
CycleGo - Indoor Cycling Workouts
CycleGo is one of the best indoor cycling apps that includes several virtual sessions with trainers to help take user’s indoor cycling workouts to the next level. CycleGo, in its basic version with 3 workouts is free for use for all. However, the enhanced workouts require purchasing a monthly or an annual subscription.
Features of CycleGo
- CycleGo includes classes to fit all levels and lengths of time to ensure busy schedules do not keep users from working out
- The classes are easy to follow, with information like Pedaling speed (RPM), Resistance level, Standing or Seated, Jumps or Sprints; displayed on the screen
- The app includes real voices to guide the user on track
- You don’t need an internet connection to use CycleGo.So, no buffering issues
Ride with GPS - Bike Route Planning and Navigation
Ride with GPS is a great bike route planner, turn-by-turn voice navigation, and tracking app for cyclists, runners, and hikers. The app enables the users to plan a ride, share, or navigate it with real-time features like elevation profile updates and custom cue-sheet entries, points of interest, etc. In fact, it is one of the best cycling navigation apps out there. Ride with GPS is a wholesome cycling app that endeavors to make riding easy, safe, and fun for cyclists worldwide.
Features of Ride with GPS
- The app’s reliable navigation uses a minimal battery and can be easily synchronized with the user’s Garmin, Fitbit, etc. as well as the user’s existing bike computer
- Bluetooth sensor support helps the app capture power, cadence, heart effectively
- The users may also download offline map regions and count their progress through the reliable mile counter and speedometer for walks, runs, and hikes
- The app helps cyclists and athletes train for their next marathon, triathlon, bike race, etc. by performing better and sharing their progress through social media
There is no exaggeration in saying that these cycling apps can turn your phone into a bike computer. So, if you are looking to monitor your progress while cycling, you should have at least one of the above-mentioned apps on your phone.
We hope you like our report and found the perfect app for your needs. If you have any questions, or if you want to get your app reviewed, contact MobileAppDaily.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.