Top 10 Must-Have Apps for Visually ImpairedThese top 10 must-have apps for visually impaired are designed to make daily challenges a little easier for users.
your Product’s growth
Bag relevant views, higher downloads & real shares for your app
Our Top Picks
We have compiled a list of the best apps for the visually impaired that you can download in 2022. These apps have been curated on the basis of their features, user ratings, and how frequently they are updated.
Best vision impaired apps to make life easier
Furthermore, we are discussing the list of a few best apps for the blind people. These apps have been specifically designed to help people with visual impairments live their best lives.
So without further ado, let’s begin!
Be My Eyes
This app enables visually impaired people to connect with sighted volunteers via video calls and seek assistance in completing daily tasks with the press of a button. Be My Eyes is a multi-lingual support community with volunteers answering calls in more than 185 languages. Sign up for free and get support to perform tasks like reading small print, setting up home appliances, or any other simple task a volunteer can complete over live video. In case the task is too complicated or requires expertise, get support through ‘Specialized Help.’
Notable features of Be My Eyes, one of the best apps for visually impaired
- Assist the blind through live video call
- Join the community to help others
- Discover personal stories from the community
- App is available in more than 185 languages
It is another excellent app for the blind people that gives access to thousands of audiobooks and podcasts across different genres. You can rewind and fast-forward through chapters and change the narration speed as per your listening speed. The first 30 days of your Audible membership are free,thereafter, you are charged $15.99 per month. Additionally, members can earn gifts, special offers and freebies from time to time.
Notable features of Audible, one of the best apps for the blind and visually impaired
- Listen without limits and interruptions
- Choose from thousands of binge-worthy audio books, podcasts, etc
- Get unlimited access to fresh audio content
- Listen offline if you want with one of the best apps for visually impaired
Kindle allows you to download books from Amazon and offers special features for those with visual impairment like large print, computer generated speech and human narrators. The app also allows users to seamlessly switch from reading Kindle books to listening to Audible books. Moreover, it can also work with connected Braille devices.
Notable features of Kindle, one of the best apps for visually impaired
- Customize your text size, font type and orientation
- Switch from reading to listening whenever you want
- Magnify the screen by double-tapping
- This one of the top vision impaired apps works with connected Braille devices
My Talking Calculator
This calculator is useful for visually impaired and those with limited sight. It has a range of features that make the app more inclusive and accessible for students with special needs. However, if you want to mute the voice, you have the freedom to do that too. Voice commands support actions like sum, subtraction, division, square root, and more.
Notable features of My Talking Calculator, one of the best apps for the blind
- Voice support for different mathematical functions
- Sum, subtract, get square roots, and more easily
- Easy to use
- Free to download
- Includes ads
Let us help you shortlist the finest software
developers tailored to your requirements.
We will connect you with potential service providers as per your business requirements.
With the help of Google Translate, you can transform any word or phrase into a specified foreign language by saying aloud. This function is particularly useful for visually impaired students. Another prominent feature of Google Translate is that you can translate more than 59 languages without the internet. These features make Google Translate one of the best apps to download for the visually impaired.
Notable features of Google Translate, one of the best apps for the blind
- Translate with no internet connection
- Get speech recognition feature with this one of the best apps for blind students
- Translate bilingual conversations with this one of the best apps for visually impaired
- Take or import photos for higher-quality translation
This app translates written words into speech or Braille. It also allows users to easily send and share documents. The app features text highlighting tools for blind, low-vision, dyslexic, and others. You can also click a photo and the app reads text out loud or displays it on a connected refreshable Braille display. Moreover, if you want to check nutritional information on your breakfast cereal, the KNFB reader can read labels and even price tags. The app is available in multiple languages.
Notable features of KNFB Reader, one of the top vision impaired apps
- Navigate by line, sentence, word, or character
- Get text highlighting tools with this one of the best vision impaired apps
- Translate words into speech or Braille
- View reading order and language-tagged PDF documents
It is a popular app that utilizes artificial intelligence to help low-vision people better understand what’s around them. Users point the app at an object and simply press a recognition button to turn on the AI, which speaks out loud when it sees the object. The app will tell you the name of the object that you see whenever you point your camera to it. To use its Spoken identification feature, you need to turn Talkback on on your smartphone.
Notable features of TapTapSee, one of the best apps for the blind
- Recognize wide variety of objects
- Spoken identifications
- AI Reads text loudly
- Free to install
Aira – Visual Info On Demand
This personal safety app allows visually impaired users to connect with certified trainers who can help them in understanding their environment. Aira allows users to livestream their surroundings to trainers so that trainers can see and guide users throughout different tasks. The app is designed to provide extra safety to visually impaired users, especially if they do not have anyone else to take care of them.
Notable features of Aira, one of the best apps for blind people
- The app connects you with professional trainers via livestream
- Use trainers to ensure you have someone informing you about your surroundings
- Download and try the app for free
- Aira access to provide you information about airports, grocery stores, and more
Learning Ally Audiobooks
This audiobook app is designed for students who learn best by listening. It offers audible grade-level content for both sighted and visually impaired users. Students can also use other interactive learning tools like highlighted text synced with the audio narration, speed control, bookmarking, highlighting, and note taking.
Notable features of Learning Ally, one of the best apps for blind people
- Get a list of human-read audiobooks
- Get interactive learning tools with this one of the top apps for blind students
- Control narration speed
- Highlighting tools and note taking feature
Evernote can be used to store professional and personal information. You can use the app on multiple devices and sync your tasks. The app supports content like texts, sketches, pictures, web clippings, audio files, etc. You can add audio and web clippings and listen whenever you want. You can share your journals with anyone you want to and let them update the same. If you wish to know more about this app, you can read the full review of Evernote app here.
Notable features of Evernote, one of the best apps for blind people
- Create multiple notebooks to segregate memos, receipt bills, and invoices
- Find saved content with text included in images or handwritten notes
- Scan documents with the camera using this one of the free apps for the visually impaired
- Use multiple devices and sync your content
- Listen to audio files and web clippings using this one of the best apps for blind students
To conclude, all the above-mentioned apps are perfect for the visually impaired. Most of the apps are free to use and easy to navigate. So, without wasting your time, download these apps right away!
Now, if you have any app and you want to get your app reviewed as well, you can contact MobileAppDaily. It will give your app a marketing platform. Moreover, you will also get to know if your mobile app lacks anything.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.