With stringent App Store’s guidelines in place, it’s crucial that every app developer should adhere to the same and rolls out his app accordingly.
The success of an app is entirely dependent upon the functionality and quality and also the experience it delivers to its users. These are the only aspects that can make or break an app’s existence among users.
On average, smartphone users spend about 177 minutes on their mobile devices on a regular basis. And from the total time consumed, 90% is solely spent on mobile apps. It’s clear that users have completely tilted towards mobile apps and may demand better services in the future.
If we talk about Apple App store, do you know, there are around 2 million apps on the Apple Store that have passed the Apple review process and entered in the competition. It’s true that every app store has an app review process but Apple is a bit rigid when it comes to giving entry to an app. So, to bring the process and major guidelines in the limelight, we have curated a short guide on Apple Store review process that let app owners know whether their app is going to be approved or rejected by the App Store.
Have a glance:
1. Crashes and Bugs: The issue of app crash might seem obvious to you but it can certainly lead your app towards failure. The issue arises when too many users are using the app at a single time. Also, there are chances of app crash when an app has certain bugs. Apple Store consider it a serious issue and terminates app from the submission list.
So, before submitting your application for review, you must do the necessary analysis to ignore bugs and crash issues. Because if such issues are being observed during review, Apple Store will surely reject your app.
The iPhone application development helps to understand what the requirement of the users is.
2. Poor Performance: How your app works is the most important factor that lets the user give a positive experience and a reason why Apple Store should approve it. An app is a combination of appealing design and super active functions. If your app justifies the defined purpose and solves users’ problems in effective ways, it’s perfect. But if not, your app can be counted poor in performance.
3. Broken Link: Clicking on a link and finding it empty is the biggest concern that might become the crucial reason for an app rejection. Your app should not have broken links as Apple Store doesn’t appreciate it and directly sent an app for rejection.
4. Not developed for all iOS devices: According to Apple app guidelines, it is necessary that your iOS app should run on all Apple devices. If your app doesn’t meet such review criteria, there are chances that App store will reject the app.
5. Payment Systems: As per Apple App store rules, users can only make purchases from Apple Store, iTunes, Apple Book, etc, by using an Apple ID and a valid payment method. This ensures better and secure payment that further keeps the users information safe. Also, users can use any of the valid method credit or debit cards that help or support the users to get an easy merchandising experience on the go.
6. Lacking Standard Functionality: When you submit app to Apple App store, it means it’s the final product you want to launch for the target audience. Make sure you’ve integrated all the standard functions mentioned in Apple App review process. Not following the standard App Store approval process guidelines will not be considered a full-fledged product by Apple Store..
1. Copy of another app: Unique ideas are always appreciated in app development industry. So, if you don’t want your to be rejected, make sure you don’t copy others app idea. This is how, creating a distinct app that follows all the App Store submission guidelines definitely get a spot in the App Store.
2. Inaccurate description: When you plan to launch your app it is always necessary to give the exact info about your app, its services, and products. Do not describe something which your app does not possess because if users don’t find the app relevant as per the information, they abandon or uninstall the app on an immediate effect which ultimately enforces App Store to get the app away from the Apple App approval process.
3. Poor UI: According to App store submission checklist, it is necessary to create a quality user interface that provides users smooth flow while on navigating through the app. Apple Store policy also says that an iOS app should be considered worth using if it has the capability to run on multiple iOS devices with different screen sizes.
Custom app development services help us to provide with customized apps and UI design that helps for better designing of your app.
4. Unpleasant UX: User experience has put on the top in the Apple App guidelines that clearly depicts that the app arrive for final submission should have enhanced UX. If the user is not happy with the product or integrated app functions, these issues result in bad user experience, ultimately result in higher app store rejection rate.
5. Incomplete information: It is said that incomplete information leads individuals towards darkness where they can’t find the right path. Similarly, if you’re supposed to launch an app on Apple Store with less or incomplete information, you’re putting the app at risk. It’s better to follow Apple App Store rules during app submission, it will leave a positive impact on prospects.
1. Your app does not need any more promotion once being approved by the App Store. You do not need to think about SEO to maintain consistency in the search engine rankings as these all are efficiently managed by the App Store.
2. Users can directly access and download the app. Being an app owner, you can earn even more revenue by saving app promotions and advertisements expenses.
3. You can always keep the users engaged and connected by pushing notifications, updating about new changes and added content in your application. In short, your target users will keep updated with all the new activities or feature along with special offers or discounts thrown by app.
There’s a specific reason behind every app rejection by App Store. If Apple becomes lenient in its App Store guidelines and approves buggy, spammy and low quality apps, what do you think it’s customers would rely on it. So, it’s necessary for every app owner to follow proven App Store guidelines explaining how to submit app to Apple Store. This not only helps save the app from rejection but also increases its chances to get instant prominence among users.
Cyber Infrastructure (P) Limited is an custom software development company provides services such as custom application development, mobile application development, creative web design, Microsoft solutions, SAP solutions, open source development, Java development, Oracle development, big data solutions, digital experience solutions, CAD/CAM architectural services, testing automation, infrastructure automation and cloud, digital marketing, ITeS, etc.
Cut to the
chase content that’s credible, insightful & actionable.
Get the latest mashup of the App Industry Exclusively Inboxed