20 Best Wearable Apps for iOS and Android SmartwatchesThese best wearable apps will make life more comfortable for you because to execute many regular tasks, you will be able to use your smartwatch!
Our Top Picks
In this blog, we have shortlisted some of the best wearable applications that can execute many tasks. From making notes to tracking your workouts, there are apps for several different purposes in this blog. We have reviewed each app to ensure only the best options are listed here, so pick any option you like and download it with the help of buttons given under the features of each app.
Best Wearable Apps For Android And iOS Devices
Google Maps is one of the most popular smartwatch apps free download existing out there. The app is being used to measure distances, to navigate through maps, or even to locate destinations virtually.
Features of Google Maps, one of the best apps for wear OS
- Installing it in your smartwatch can help you navigate towards your destinations without any hassle
- Because of its compatibility with smartwatches, you do not need to rely on your phone all the time to reach your destination
- It comes with an in-built compass, and a global mapping system for any destination in the world
- You can check traffic conditions on the route towards your destination
- Provides alternate routes as well, if available
Shazam is a music app that can also be used to identify a song with its vocal, music, or rhythm. This popular music player app has many useful features to offer. You can create an account and use Shazam on multiple devices without having to lose your last listened songs.
Features of Shazam, one of the best Wear OS apps for music
- Lets you identify any song with the help of music, vocals, or rhythm
- You can use the app to listen to your Spotify or Apple Music playlists
- Time-synced lyrics will let you sing along without missing any part
- The dark theme brings the pop texture out to make the interface look cooler
- The best app for smartwatch is entirely free to use
Sleep Cycle is one of the best Wear OS apps existing out there to analyze your sleep and find your perfect wake up window. The app uses artificial intelligence to keep track of your sleep and get detailed analysis as it monitors bedtime patterns from the moment your head hits the pillow.
Features of Dark Sky, the best app for smartwatch
- Features of Sleep Cycle, the best app for smartwatch
- The app features patented AI for tracking sleep
- Learn about your bedtime patterns with detailed sleep tracking and analysis
- The app uses sound analysis to identify sleep states
- Check how events such as drinking coffee, working out, or eating late affect your sleep
- Get sleep stories, relaxation guides, and calm sleep sounds
This one of the top wear OS apps lets you create notes in your smartwatch. You do not need to pull your smartphone out of your pocket to write anything. Google Keep allows your smartwatch to use its interface to create short notes and access saved ones.
Features of Google Keep, one of the best Wear OS apps
- Set reminders, create notes, make lists, and check off your list from your smartwatch
- Dictating thoughts can convert them into notes for this one of the top wear OS apps
- You can categorize notes with colors as per your choice
- Use “Ok Google” and create notes without even touching the screen
- Add labels to segregate your notes to avoid them from mixing up
App in the Air
If you are flying and want to stay up-to-date even when offline, you can use an App in the Air without thinking twice. This one of the best Wear OS apps lets you check real-time flight status, airport tips, and in-airport navigation maps.
Features of App in the Air, the best smartwatch app
- Check everything about your flight like status, timings, tips, and guidelines, etc
- App in the Air lets you find out eating locations, internet passwords of public Wifis, security tips, and guidelines, etc for 9,000 airports around the world
- With a quick link, the app lets you book a cab for yourself
- Features like flight status, gate changes can be checked offline. The app alerts you via texts which require no data roaming
- You can use the app for automatic check-in for up to 2 passengers
Uber is one of the best wearable apps existing in the market to book cabs. The app provides you all features on your smartwatch to make cab-booking more convenient. You can use Uber to book rides from 600+ airports and in 10,000+ cities around the world.
Features of Uber, the app for smartwatch
- You can book a cab, call an Uber driver, or check the status from your smartwatch anytime
- Uber gives you price details of your ride on the watch screen itself
- The smartwatch can also be used to share your ride details with whoever you want
- While riding, if required, you can use the smartwatch to call emergency services
- The in-built rating system lets you give the feedback of your ride once it’s over
The app is designed to improve your logical skills and focus with the help of some games. The game is free and offers a stunning user interface that is easy to use. The zen mode included in the app is designed to calm you with the help of smooth sounds and more.
Features of Infinity Loop, one of the top Android wearable apps
- Free to install and includes in-app purchases
- Includes dark mode
- There are infinite levels
- Levels keep getting more difficult as you progress
One of the best authenticator apps, Google Authenticator can be accessed from your smartphones as well. You can use the app to generate OTPs. Simply use the camera to either scan QR or generate OTPs and review it from the smartwatch itself.
Features of Google Authenticator, one of the top iOS and Android wearable apps
- Generate verification codes even without a network
- Includes a dark theme
- Does not include ads
Having a list makes grocery shopping a much more convenient experience. To help you with the same, we have to recommend this app called Bring! One of the best shopping companion apps, Bring allows you to prepare lists of items, recipes, and more very easily. You can also store your loyalty cards in the app to access them anytime.
Features of Bring!, one of the best wearable apps in 2022
- Free grocery listing app
- Includes ads and in-app purchases
- Allows creating collaborative lists
- You can store loyalty cards in the app
This one of the best smartwatch apps out there built to monitor your health tracks your heartbeats. Cardiogram observes your sleep, stress, and fitness. Following this, it prepares charts and comprehensive reports for your daily health.
Features of Cardiogram, one of the best Wear OS Apps
- A cardiogram helps you in building new healthy habits and keeping a track of them through streaks
- The timeline keeps a track of your minute-to-minute heart rate to keep your health on the monitor
- Sleep tracking data can be retrieved directly from the Google Fit, Fitbit, or Garmin connect apps to show with your heart rate data
- It also provides possible reasons behind heart rate irregularities
- Currently, the app is only available in English
Calm is one of the leading apps in the list of best wearable apps for iOS and Android. The app has features that are designed to help you in relaxing, sleep better, and reduce anxiety. One of the best free meditation apps, Calm has millions of users across the world. The app supports many smartwatches and provides easily accessible features.
Features of Calm, one of the best wearable apps for iPhone and Android
- Daily 10-minute exercises to calm your mind
- 100+ sleep stories
- Music that you can control from smartwatches
- Calming sounds under the Soundscape feature
In this list of one of the best Android smartwatch apps, features that can help you in creating notes and to-do lists are provided. The app is easy to use and provides all required features such as collaboration, habit tracker, note organizer, and more. You can use this one of the best Android wearable apps to manage your personal and professional tasks.
Features of Todoist, one of the leading Android gear apps
- Free to install
- Professional tools to help you
- Manage notes and lists
- Easily access and edit
Now, securing your social media accounts or e-mail accounts is more convenient due to extra security layers like 2-step verification. This app generates the code for you and with the smartwatch, you can take a glimpse of it without having to open your phone.
Features of Authenticator Plus, one of the best wearable apps
- You can sync these smartwatch apps on multiple devices including smartphones, tablet, Amazon kindle, and smartwatch
- The app comes with 256-bit AES encryption and pin lock security to keep your code safe
- You can make more than one accounts in the app and organize them
- Accounts can be directly imported from your Gmail account
- The app is capable of creating automatic backups of your accounts for extra security
Telegram is a free messaging app that can be used on smartphones and smartwatches. The app lets you sync all your messages on multiple devices so that you do not lose track of them. Moreover, you can share unlimited messages and media files with your telegram friends without having to pay for anything.
Features of Telegram, one of the top apps for smartwatch
- One of the best free smartwatch apps for messaging and sharing media
- Your chats are secured with 256-bit AES encryption, 2049-bit RSA encryption, and Diffie-Hellman security key exchange
- The app allows you to create groups with up to 200,000 members in each of them
- The messaging app comes with tons of fancy animated and non-animated stickers to make conversations more entertaining
- As per its privacy policies, your data is secured and will never be shared with third parties which makes it apps for smartwatch
With your GPS and LTE, Strava lets you keep a track of your running and biking sessions. This smartwatch app is designed to keep your fitness tracked by measuring the distances you run every day. Moreover, you can measure your riding speed, distance, elevation gained, and calories burned through this app.
Features of Strava, one of the best apps on Wear OS
- Strava lets you record routes, measure distances, and analyze your training sessions
- The app is free to download. However, subscription plans are available for fitness training
- Strava activity tracker can be used for running, cycling, Yoga, Hike, CrossFit, etc
- Strava uses GPS and LTE for recording activities
- You can use this app on your smartwatch without having to use the phone
Spotify is one of the best free music apps existing for smartwatches. The app lets you play free music from its library full of millions of songs. You can use Spotify on multiple platforms like Smartphones, Smartwatch, tablets, windows, etc.
Features of Spotify, one of the top apps for Wear OS to listen music
- The app is free to use. However, the premium subscription can get rid of ads and lets you save the music offline
- Spotify has millions of songs from all over the world for your entertainment
- You can sync Spotify from multiple devices and continue your music on any of them
- You can create playlists and add your friends to those playlists. They will be able to add more songs in the same
- Spotify is a huge collection of international songs, podcasts, radio shows, albums, etc
Glide is one of the Wear OS top apps that lets you make stream video calls on your smartwatch. You can revert for video messages through texts, or voice messages without using your phone. The messaging app has an easy to use interface for fast video messaging.
Features of Glide, best app for smartwatch for video messaging
- You can watch and listen to video messages on your smartwatch with this one of the best apps for smartwatch
- Glide lets you reply to video messages from your smartwatch in the form of texts or audio messages
- The app is free to use on any device
- You can add cool filters to your video messages before forwarding them
- The app comes with some extra premium features which can be unlocked by paying for them
Lifesum is an app that keeps a track of anything you eat or drink. The app also comes with diet plans which you are supposed to follow for any goal. Moreover, you can track your calorie intake by adding details of the food you consume every day.
Features of Lifesum, one of the top apps for Wear OS
- Follow diet plans and tips included in the app to lose weight
- Keep a tab on daily macros, calories, and nutrition intakes
- Plan your daily food habits and keep checking off the list every day
- Use a health tracker to make sure that you do not lose regularity
- Follow recipes to cook healthy diets as per your goals
The outlook is a free to use email app which can be used on multiple devices with a single account. The app lets you send emails, transfer attachments, create schedules, and track calendars. You can read your emails and send them through your smartwatch itself.
Features of Microsoft Outlook, one of the must have apps for Wear OS
- Send emails to your contacts without any charges or subscriptions
- Access calendar, files, schedule from the inbox page on your smartwatch
- Connect office documents like word, excel, PowerPoint, etc from Outlook and manage them
- Use voice commands to search for people and schedules added in Outlook
- Listen to your emails with the “Play my emails” option without having to touch your phone screen
One of the best wearable apps for Android and iOS, Citymapper is designed to help you in finding the best transportation and routes. You can compare different routes and transportations towards your destinations to find out the best options. Moreover, this one of the best navigation apps for iPhone and Android also includes a map that can navigate you in real-time.
Features of Citymapper, one of the best Android smartwatch apps
- Real-time routes and transportation updates
- In-built GPS map
- Cab fare comparison
- Live wait times with ETAs to your destinations
These are the 20 apps for smartwatches that have the potential to make your life easier. From healthier lifestyles to improved personal security, these apps have features that you will find useful for many occasions. Hopefully, you found the blog helpful in finding the perfect app that suits your needs.
Now, if you are a developer and want to get your app featured in blogs like these, you can contact MobileAppDaily and get your app reviewed. Our experts will assist you with the same. You can also visit MobileAppDaily to keep yourself updated with what’s going on in the app development industry with blogs like the latest UI trends, blockchain trends, and more.
Keep reading for more app-related articles!
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.