10 Best Mental Health Apps for your Psychological Well-being in 2022Twif is one of the best mental health apps designed to help you in overcoming your 25+ fears
To combat the same, a few mental health experts and genius developers have adapted smartphones as the weapon. With mobile users matching almost half of the entire world population in terms of quantity, a few best apps for mental health are using it as a tool to tackle this group. According to data shared by JMR Publications, approximately 10,000 to 20,000 mental health apps are existing at the moment.
Our Top Picks
Now, the same report says that only 3 to 4% of these apps are evidence-based. Therefore, it is hard to pick one to use. Moving forward, we are mentioning a few best apps for depression issues you can use for the well-being of your mental health.
Best apps for mental health to have in 2022
What’s Up? - A Mental Health App
This one of the best free mental health apps powered by AI uses expert mental health diagnoses such as CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy). What’s Up?, one of the top free mental health apps, uses these therapies to help you in coping with emotions such as depression, anxiety, anger, stress, and others.
Features of this one of the best apps for mental health free
- The app UI includes features such as Catastrophe Scale or Day Rating system to observe your mood
- This one of the best apps for depression and anxiety uses 12 common negative thinking patterns and simple methods to resolve them
- The app comes with a diary to keep a log of your feelings and thoughts along with a rating or scaling system
- Play a game including 100+ fun questions to relax with this one of the free therapy apps
- Add a simple or complex passcode to put a lock on the mobile app
MindDoc - Your Mental Health Companion
With 4.5 out of 5 stars based on a review given by 35,000+ users on the Google Play Store, MindDoc is a wonderful mental health companion you can keep in your smartphone. This one of the best apps for depression and anxiety is designed to help you in staying calm and managing yourself. The content of one of the best free mental health apps is analyzed and approved by expert clinical psychologists.
Features of this one of the best apps for depression and anxiety
- This one of the best mental health apps for iPhone and Android devices is designed to help you with disorders such as insomnia, eating disorders, anxiety, and more
- This one of the top mental illness apps are designed to provide insights, summaries, courses along with more to keep a track of your mental health
- You can integrate your Apple Health Data to keep a track of your mental health and well-being patterns
- The app supports English and German languages
Sanvello - Anxiety & Depression
This one of the mental health apps free is a perfect well-being companion you can keep on your smartphone. Mental health states such as anxiety, depression, loneliness, or any other, Sanvello is there to assist you with well-being therapies. Sanvello, the best app for mental health, has a collection of tools such as Meditate, Hope, Thoughts, Health, and Goals to help you.
Features of this one of the best free therapy apps
- Go through videos and learn skills with guided journeys
- Talk to a licensed therapist, whenever you want without having to wait in queues
- Take care of your mental health with a self-care toolkit with hope, meditate, and health goals
- Be a part of the Sanvello community to connect with users from all around the world
Twif - To do What I fear
This iOS-exclusive mental health app is a wonderful invention to assist you with your well-being. Twif is designed to assist you in overcoming the fears that hold you back. With an in-built tracker, Twif makes sure you have strategies impactful enough to help you in defeating your fears.
Features of this one of the best apps for depression and anxiety
- Follow pre-defined strategies included in this one of the best mental health apps 2021 to overcome 25+ types of fears
- Add customized fears or strategies as well, if you do not find the related information
- Follow the calendar view to keep a track of your progress to overcome the fear
- Explore insights into this one of the top mental health apps to systematically identify cognitive biases
Talkspace Online Therapy & Counseling
This one of the best apps for mental health makes sure you are connected with a therapist according to your preferences. Moreover, instead of paying a heavy amount on personal therapy sessions, you get to use its service for a weekly subscription priced at $65/ week. You can also share your health insurance info with Talkspace to get covered.
Features of this one of the good apps for mental health
- Find a therapist perfect for your preferences with a cost less compared to personal therapies
- Keep an eye on the insight and reports with this mental health tracker app
- Use this one of the best mental health apps for iPhone and Android devices effectively to get rid of issues such as depression, anxiety, insomnia, and more
- Set goals and follow them to build healthy habits
Happify - for Stress & Worry
As the name suggests, this mental health app is designed to relieve you from stress anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues. With science-based activities and games, the app helps you in overcoming negative thoughts.
“I gave it a shot for 5 weeks...it works!"
- Mara Schiavocampo of ABC World News
This one of the best apps for mental health free is built with techniques developed by leading scientists and experts. These experts are known to study evidence-based cases to figure out the ways of impactful positive psychology.
Features of this one of the top free mental health apps
- Choose goals such as Coping better with stress, Conquering negative thoughts, Building self-confidence, and 30+ others
- Use the app for free or take the premium subscription to unlock more benefits
- Attempt science-based activities & games to achieve your goals
- Meditate with the help of the app and reduce anxiety and stress
MoodTools- Depression Aid
Instead of slowly suffering and ignoring mental illnesses such as anxiety, depression, or insomnia, it is better to fight them with your best. Mental illness apps such as MoodTools are built to help you with the same.
With tools such as Thought Diary, Activities, Safety Plan, and Test, you can follow a strategy to achieve improved mental well-being, and test your progress at the final stage.
Features of this one of the best apps for mental health
- Use in-built tools such as Thought Diary to boost your mood and get rid of negative thoughts
- Perform energizing activities to rebuild your interest and regain energy
- Suicidal safety plans are existing to utilize emergency resources during the suicidal crisis
- The PHQ-9 depression questionnaire focuses on identifying your accurate symptoms
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
This one of the best mental health apps developed by BookMobile is designed to make the self-care part easier for you. Moreover, with Thought of the day and Meditation of the day, you get to focus on the well-being of your peace. Twenty-Four Hours a Day, along with a book of the same name, has been helping people with addiction and other mental health issues since 1954.
Features of this app for mental health
- The app is enriched with quotes in the form of Meditation for the Day and Thought of the Day quotes
- It includes 366 searchable messages for your mental well-being
- By pressing on the TODAY option, you access a new thought every day
- Use the calendar to reach on a specific meditation
- Customize the size of the font as per your convenience
One of the best mental health apps, Calm is being used by millions of people from all over the world. The app is known for its stunning features that help users in reducing their stress, insomnia, anxiety, and other such issues. There are meditation skills, sleep stories, calming music, and other such tools that empower its users to achieve better mental health. Calm is designed by experts and you can access its features for free to have a healthier and more relaxed mind.
Features of this one of the top free therapy apps
- Sleep stories, calm music, meditation tools, and other such tools
- Free to install
- Masterclasses by experts
- Different types of music to focus and sleep better
MindShift CBT - Anxiety and Panic Relief
Built by Anxiety Canada Association, this anxiety management app is based on evidence-based strategies. The app helps you in fighting against negativity and bad thoughts to improve your mental health. Moreover, you can tackle issues such as anxiety, stress, and panic through strategies designed to combat them specifically.
Features of this app for mental health
- Check-in daily to keep your anxiety level and mood on track
- Follow easy-to-learn guidelines for an improved mental health
- Set goals and follow them to effectively cure issues such as depression, anxiety, and insomnia
- Export and share your mental health data with the counselor or therapist
- Explore actual mental health-related facts to bust myths
With more than 3 billion smartphone users existing globally in 2021, smartphone apps are tackling almost every sector of the market. To contribute to the same, the best mental health apps are using the opportunity as well and coming up with new ideas to help users.
Now, even though around 30,000 mental health apps exist at the moment, only a very small percentage of them are evidence-based. As it is also a market with low competition, developers are trying to tackle the opportunity and build a product users love.
Mental health is a matter of concern, and nobody should ignore it. A while back, it was expensive and a little harder to find a suitable therapist that could understand your concerns better to help you. However, now, with the list we mentioned above, hopefully, you will find a perfect tool to help you, if you are going through it as well.
Now, If you are a developer as well and want your app to make a place amongst blogs such as this, you should get your app reviewed by the experts of MobileAppDaily. It will help you in identifying the real potential of your mobile app. Moreover, you can explore app-related news and blogs as well to stay updated with the latest trends.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.