20 Best Work From Home Jobs Apps of 2021As per a survey, nearly 4.6 million people (over 3% of the workforce) in the US alone prefer working from home today.
A world pandemic like Coronavirus that has infected about 18 Lakh souls around the world, has compelled just about every worker of a random organization to opt for remote working. Now here’s a thing, a system like remote working, when opted by companies, requires you to follow certain policies. However, there are many individuals who aren’t involved with any organization but can still opt for remote working at home. Multiple firms and other organizations offer remote work at home that you can easily manage while living your life at home.
Our Top Picks
So if you’re at home at this hour and wondering what are the top ways of remote working at home, we have compiled a list of some top work from home jobs apps that will assist you in managing your work remotely with ease.
List of Top Apps for Remote Working from Home
One of the best apps for work from home when you need to stay in touch with your teammates and clients, Slack allows you to chat with other users in real-time. This is an app that you can use for your team collaborations without much hassle. With various integrated tools and a feature that allows to edit and share any document, Slack is one of the best apps for work on the Android and iOS app stores today. It also features amongst the top apps to use during a pandemic situation when the world heads for a lockdown, such as in the year 2020.
Features of the Slack group messaging app
- Users can send messages to individuals or groups with ease
- The app allows users to edit and share documents with teammates and clients
- Users can integrate other tools and popular services like Google Drive and Dropbox all in one go
One of the pioneers in the app market when it comes to staying connected with colleagues while remote working, Google Hangouts is a type of work from home app that has been specially designed for those who like to stay connected with a large team. The app allows users to group chat with as many as 150 group members. Users can make free video calls with up to 10 people or message their contacts even when they are offline.
Features of Google Hangouts group messaging app
- The app allows users to message contacts even when they are offline
- Users can make a group with as many as 150 members
- The app offers calls to virtually any phone number in the world with ease
Designed with the utmost care, Troop messaging can be your go-to work from home application to handle any type of communications related to work. This is an app that allows users to conduct their business chats with much ease and comfort. Integrated with innovative features that allow users to share diverse types of files, Troop also offers sharing of data from external sources.
Features of Troop group messaging app
- Users get to share files in multiple formats
- The app allows users to preview a file before they download it
- You get to share data from external sources as well
As mentioned before, staying in touch can be quite difficult when remote and communication apps can be a solution to that. While apps like Trello helps on the general side of things, some topics, projects, and vice versa need to be handled in meetings.
Working from home, however, doesn’t allow the meeting. Well, not unless you want to risk going out and potentially catching COVID-19—something I don’t recommend you doing. Fortunately, Microsoft’s Skype offers chats with read receipts, one-on-one *and *group* video calls, ensuring you’re not left with zero options for face-to-face communication.
Features of Skype group messaging app
- Make audio or video calls
- Users can add up to 24 people on skype video call
- Share documents, photos or videos with other colleagues
A remote support app that can work a treat when it comes to setting up quick polls to take a response, Doodle can be your best app for work from home. It allows users to set up quick polls on a particular topic and take responses from teammates before a meeting. The best part about Doodle is that it allows users who are not using the app to connect too through Doodle web.
Features of the Doodle team feedback app
- Set up polls easily to get quick responses without having to send too many messages
- Users can connect even through the Doodle web in case they don’t have access to the app
- Users have an option of event chat to gain clarity about a project right then
Another of those apps to work from home, TINYpulse offers unique features that are a treat to use. The app has been designed especially to make your employee engagement hassle-free. Users can simply Take survey questions and share suggestions virtually with teammates. The app even allows employees to import all their performance-related information like feedback and emails in one place with as much ease.
Features of TINYpulse team feedback app
- Users get to share virtual suggestions with their teammates.
- The app allows the integration of all emails and feedback into one place.
- Taking surveys through the app is easy as ever.
When you think of some best work from home apps, Weekdone certainly deserves to feature in that list. An app especially developed to take care of all your business activities, Weekdone offers various features like team feedback, managerial feedback, dashboard, weekly planning, and result trackers. This is an app that simplifies the feedback that is shared within a team.
Features of Weekdone team feedback app
- The app offers an informative dashboard for users to understand to handle and track multiple tasks
- Users can easily share feedback with their teammates
- The app even allows users to generate timely reports from Atlassian JIRA and Asana
One of the best work from home apps, Chanty has been crafted to ease productivity between teams. The app comes with features like instant messaging and sharing of files, tracking of tasks on the go, tagging of individual members in group chats and so much more. Managers can take all the feedback they need right through the app while staying connected with all adjustable notifications. Chanty also features amongst the apps providing secret messaging with a private chat feature.
Features of Chanty team feedback app
- Communicate in public or private conversations
- Users can share files and messages with ease
- The app allows preview of links and documents
One of the best apps when it comes to file management, Box allows users to store their files, photos, and documents with a 10GB of free cloud storage. This is an app that has been specially designed to take care of important files with ease. Users get to preview over 200 files without any hassle. Besides, the app allows sharing and printing in any format without any additional charge.
Features of the Box file management app
- The app provides free 10GB of cloud storage
- Users can easily convert their files into PDF, Word, Excel, etc
- Files can be across different devices without any hassle
Google Drive is considered as one of the best work at home apps and features amongst the top file management apps for a reason. The app allows users to Create and share docs with much ease. Users can store their work reports, daily trackers and even their word files and pdfs without much hassle. The best part about Google Drive is that it has an ample amount of storage space so you are never out of storage even while storing the largest of files.
Features of Google Drive file management app
- The app allows users to access recent files with ease
- Users can scan documents using the camera of their smartphone
- Files can be created and accessed offline as well
Quip is one of those apps that is used by various small businesses to store important files related to their business. The app is easy to use and saves a lot of time for the users. You can create your own files and task lists while being able to share those with others. Quip can boost the productivity of a team and is considered one of the best work from home jobs apps for freelancers and remote workers working in a team.
Features of the Quip file management app
- Users can import their files from other apps like Google Drive and Box
- The app allows offline access in case you lack internet connectivity
- You can edit your official notes right from your smartphone
Today, many work-at-home employees like going out and taking advantage of public Wi-Fi, chilling at their local restaurant while typing up a new article. However, public Wi-Fi, while convenient, can be a hotbed of cybercriminals and hackers.
Even if they were to avoid public Wi-Fi, most of the home networks aren’t as secure as a major corporation, meaning that the information we handle is still at risk of being intercepted by cybercriminals and hackers.
If this were to happen, your job, your coworkers, and your entire place of work would suffer. To make sure this doesn’t happen, you should use a VPN. But, what does a VPN do?
According to ExpressVPN’s guide on what is a VPN, A “VPN” is short for a virtual private network, encrypts your data, and hides it from the eyes of any cybercriminal or hacker on the network. That way, no one can see it, you can send and receive data safely, and your presence is 100% anonymous.
Features of ExpressVPN data protection and file management app
- Users can access more than 3000 VPN servers from over 160 locations in 94 countries
- The app allows streaming and downloading of content from anywhere
- Users can hide their IP address and location with ease
Harvest is one of the most widely used work from home schedulers and promises to offer some top-notch features at this hour. With this app, managers can track the progress of their teams and deliver timesheets to employees and even clients. Harvest offers users to get their timesheet approvals right through the app without any hassle.
Features of Harvest time tracker app
- Users can set timers on their projects with ease
- The app works both online and offline
- The app sends reminders on when to send the timesheet approvals
Another of those work from home jobs apps that truly justify what time tracking is all about, Hours makes time tracking an easy process. Users can perform multiple time tracking tasks with the app without any hassle. With features like excel export and data backup, it is an app that every freelancer, small business owner or team member in a bigger organization would prefer working with.
Features of Hours time tracking app
- Keep track of your projects with much ease
- Users can see their hours left, both daily and weekly
- The app comes with a feature where users can customize the colors as well
Hubstaff is perhaps one of those apps that managers around the world would love to use. It is the best app to keep track of work hours and to always keep you on your toes. Hubstaff not only creates pressure to complete the work on time but also creates a time report of the projects worked on. These work reports are very accurate and tell about the exact time taken to complete a task. It is one of those work from home iphone apps also available for Android that is used by more than 10,000 ventures around the world today.
Features of Hubstaff time tracking app
- The app not only tracks the work but also the location
- The timer clocks in and out Automatically
- The app allows managers to take total control of their operations
Used by more than 36 million users around the world, Trello is one of the best project management apps today. It is one of those applications that freelancers can use and offers multiple features like easily customizable to-do lists and calendars where you can track your upcoming tasks and organize your schedule accordingly. Users can even access the app offline without much hassle. So if you’re traveling and wondering how you’re going to manage your work, Trello is the app for you.
Features of Trello project management app
- The app works both offline and online
- The app offers an interactive dashboard that allows users to take control and manage what they do
- To-do lists and calendars offered by Trello allows users to manage their upcoming and present projects with much ease
Asana is one of those work from home jobs apps specially developed for the purpose of handling team projects with ease. The app innovative and top-notch features that allow users to organize and take care of their projects without any issue. Asana is integrated with features like a work task list, project list, and edit/share features that are hassle-free to use.
Features of the Asana project management app
- Users can track and organize their projects every time they open the app
- The app allows users to set up reminders for particular tasks
- The app allows users to comment on the tasks that are already done
Last but not the least in our list, JIRA is one of the best remote apps for work when it comes to project management. The app has been developed by Atlassian and offers some top of the line features like a versatile task tracker that allows you add screenshots of your work as well, real-time notifications to keep you updated, and a chat and collaborate feature by which you can set a robust communication with your colleagues.
Features of JIRA project management app
- The app allows users to easily customize their project templates
- Users can update their work without the help of a computer
- Real-time notifications keep the users updated
One downside to working from home is having to keep yourself organized—in check. It’s easy to get distracted, and your work efficiency can suffer drastically. This reduction in workflow efficiency can result in projects piling up, a rise in stress levels, and an overall bad time.
To fix this, think about using Todoist, a to-do list?
Yes, featuring in some of the top most productivity apps, Todoist is basically a software-based to-do list. But it works! It’s easy to use, has a clean interface, and helps keep you in check of your projects.
Features of Todoist project management app
- Get timely reminders on set tasks
- Take quick notes about your tasks and plan your day
- Work alongside others on a project right through the app
You not being able to work with coworkers and clients directly means you can’t sign any important documents when needed. How else will your contracts get signed? Who’s there to even read them over?
While the consequences of having a delay in signing a contract isn’t always drastic, it’s better not to take chances. Fortunately, HelloSign, another best remote app for work, is here to help.
HelloSign is a program dedicated to helping you sign whatever needs signing. A client sent you a PDF of a contract? Use HelloSign to sign it. Need to confirm an NDA agreement? HelloSign, it is!
Features of HelloSign project management app
- Users can edit any PDF and add check marks or signatures
- App allows you to upload a document using your camera
- Sign as many documents as you want
Remote working is a tough system but can be made easy if managed properly. The apps mentioned above offer top of the line features that can work a treat in the remote system. Whether you're a manager of a famed organization or a freelancer working from home, try these best apps for remote working listed above and transform the way you manage your remote work.
If you have any questions about the apps listed above or wish to share your views with us, let us know in the comments section below or head over and read some of the top app reviews for applications ruling on the app stores today.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.