To change the country for iTunes & App Store accounts is not that challenging. You may think of changing the App Store country due to various reasons like for getting access to apps that are not available in your country or you may be traveling to some other country. Whatever it may be, the process is quite simple.
You just need to figure out, on which platform you need to change the country because you have three option to do it. One is on iPhone or iPad, second is on Mac, and the third one is through Apple ID account page.
Before that, make sure to have a payment method for your new country or region on hand. As you will change the country in the App Store, you would also be required to enter the billing address in case of any purchase. For example, if you are in Germany, only German credit cards can be used to buy content from the German iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store.
Following are the steps involved in each three of the platforms:
1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
- Select your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. I not logged in, you will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap your new country or region, followed by tap Next.
- Select a payment method and enter your new payment information. You have to enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.
- Enter your billing address and tap Next.
- Your Apple ID country or region updates for all of your Apple services on all of your Apple products.
2. On your Mac or PC
To open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account
- Follow View My Account.
- Sign in with your Apple ID, then click View Account.
Once directed to the Account Information page, follow these steps:
- In the Country/Region option, click "Change Country or Region."
- From the "Select a country or region" menu, select your new country or region.
- Click Change.
- On the Welcome to the iTunes Store page, click Continue.
- Enter your new payment information. You have to enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.
- Enter your billing address.
You are done.
3. From your Apple ID account page
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- In the Account section, click Edit.
- From the Country/Region menu, select your new country or region.
- When asked, click "Continue to update."
- Enter your new payment information. You have to enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.1 Learn more about how to change or remove your Apple ID payment information.
- Click Save.
Gaining Access to More Apps
A VPN (Virtual private network) allows the user to surf the internet without being detected. This means nobody can track your location or know how you are accessing the Internet. For instance, if you are using a Virtual Private Network in Greece, you can still get access to websites that are specific to India.
But in the Apple store, the VPN restrict the app from detecting your location. To counter this, you can change your country without adding an address and payment method that trace back to the chosen country. After that, you can gain access to apps that were previously unavailable to you.
Jack of all trades. Covering the journalism field, Vikram writes at MobileAppDaily and keeps surfing the trends to understand tech and inventions better. Don’t forget his driving skills, he is a professional car rallyist. Life has just got better. Breathe it!! Follow