By now in the mobile app industry, it is almost necessary to launch your product globally for better outreach and greater revenue collection. In order to make your app known on the world stage, you need to consider crucial factors including the culture of users at different regions. In addition to this, you also need to be aware of the fact that pre-launch marketing and post-launch marketing are two very different approaches and cannot be considered as one.
Customizing your app and adding features in accordance with the relative culture of the users will help your app to sustain longer in the mobile app world. App Annie states in reports, that 72% users are not English native speakers and when an app is launched in country’s native language revenue increased by 26%, whereas downloads get a hike of 120%. Before developing your app you must be aware of some stats regarding culture, which should be considered while designing the app and adding features that suit the users in respect of language, geography, usability and other important factors.
Let's get a Deep Insight
- Today smartphone user is commonly divided into two groups iOS and Android users. The user from both the platforms shows the different cultures in terms of many respects, the survey and research did by AppsFlyer show all the patterns and differences between both the type of users. These research and data can be utilized in a mobile developing process to add favorable attributes to the app to meet the needs and wishes of users accurately.
- AppsFlyer analyzed more than 1.1 billion paid apps in a period of 6 months to come up with precise data showing the on-going trends and key elements among the iOS and Android users.
- Below are the data and reports that cover click-to-install data and retention( how long one uses them) for both iOS and Android users.
- The top 4 app categories with the high conversion rate (from click-to-install) include Transportation, Lifestyle, News, and Finance.
- For iOS users, app usage is maximum at the weekends and Android users show the lowest interaction output in the same time frame.
- Reports from Appsflyer come up with data showing the striking differences between iOS and Android users. iOS user shows almost 4 times as likely to convert and to become a regular user in the fitness and health category. Whereas the user in the Android category is far more committed to the entertainment and utility apps.
- The app should support all the languages in the country you are targeting. If your app works in Spanish, English, and Chinese languages it will cover almost half of the users around the globe.
- Users in Asia shows peak engagement on the weekends while the Latin Americans show the highest level of engagement on Tuesdays.
- Latin Americans showed more involvement in app usage in the later hours of evening i.e. peaking at 11 p.m. while other countries mostly see peak usage at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Google play store and Apple store are the most common store for apps but they aren't the best options for other countries. In China both these stores aren't available, instead, Baidu is used by the app developers and it is the second-largest distributor. Aiming the top distributor for the targeted country will help you make your app as a successful product.
Culture is an important factor that will shape the usability and functionality of your app. Considering the culture-based factors in the initial state of app development helps to guide the features and options of the application which ultimately turns it into a global success.
Aparna Growth Strategist
Aparna is a growth specialist with handsful knowledge in business development. She values marketing as key a driver for sales, keeping up with the latest in the Mobile App industry. Her getting things done attitude makes her a magnet for the trickiest of tasks. In free times, which are few and far between, you can catch up with her at a game of Fussball.
Want To Hire The Best Service Provider? MobileAppDaily will help you explore the best service providers depending on your vision, budget, project requirements and industry. Get in touch and create a list of best-suited companies for your needs.