The healthcare sector has been completely revolutionized due to clinical apps that are specifically built to cater to fulfill different medical necessities of the patients. Also, these apps are meant to provide convenience to medical professionals.
Doctors across the globe use numerous on-demand clinical apps developed by proficient healthcare app developers so that to provide their patients with the best care services. Let's take a look at some of the most significant features and benefits of such medical apps in the article.
Major Types & Benefits Of On-Demand Healthcare Applications
The medical industry has become much more powerful and advanced because of the on-demand clinical apps. Let's look at the two types of these apps and their key benefits.
1. Hospital Management Apps
These applications allow hospital staff and medical practitioners to manage all the complex tasks efficiently and easily. Some of the significant benefits of such apps are as follows:
- Helpful in resolving issues and fixing errors.
- Facilitates seamless drug management and remove manipulation.
- Allows real-time tracking of medical services of the entire hospital.
- Speed up the entire workflow and enhance the efficiency of the professionals.
- Easy handling of catalogs and reduces overall cost and time.
2. Chronic Care Management Apps
These apps provide patients and doctors with the convenience and ease to interact with each other so that they can together handle the health problems in a better manner. Let's look at the major advantages of such apps:
- Patients can contact and communicate with caregivers 24*7.
- Medical practitioners can easily share their advice and treatment plans with the patients.
- Doctors can easily monitor and assess the state of registered patients.
- Facilitates the smooth process of patient registration and ensures the safety of their confidential health-related data by complying with HIPAA standards and regulations.
- Caregivers can easily access some essential testing tools such as therapeutic and diagnostic as and when they require.
Key Features Of On-Demand Medical Applications
Following are the features if on-demand medical apps that will come handy to you:
- Instant Medical Aid: It is possible for the physicians and caregivers to access these apps from any location and at any time. It allows them to provide their patients with appropriate treatment instantly with the help of advanced clinical tools.
- Fixing & Scheduling The Appointments: It becomes much easier and convenient for the patients to schedule and book appointments with their concerned doctors through these on-demand medical apps. Also, they help caregivers to schedule their daily appointments efficiently.
Besides, these apps also let doctors give appointments to their patients under the availability. In case of an emergency, they can easily cancel the scheduled appointment and assign another date.
- Lucrative Offers & Discounts: These on-demand clinical applications make it easier for medical practitioners to keep their patients informed about different offers they are offering. Also, doctors can update their patients about all the discounts and free services they can avail.
Also, these medical apps can also be used to send personalized messages to patients and inform them about special offers. Also, the patients can fill a feedback form through these apps and give their honest opinion so that the physicians can make necessary improvements.
- More Transparency: These on-demand medical apps act as a bridge between the caregivers and their patients. They can keep patients always informed and updated concerning current healthcare topics and trends. It enhances the overall experience of the patients and they remain satisfied with their doctors.
In addition, there is no need for the patients to wait for a long time to see a physician. With the help of these apps, they can easily find caregivers who are nearby their location and getting medical aid in case of an emergency.
- Adds Value To The Brand: On-demand healthcare apps can help doctors to enhance their brand value to a great extent. They can easily target more patients and can provide them with your contact details, email address, and other relevant information instantly.
Prominent Categories Of On-Demand Clinical Applications
Based on the development platform, there are two major categories in which these apps can be classified. These categories are as follows:
1. Android On-Demand Medical Apps
- Medscape: It is one of the most popular medical apps in the market. It has several unique features such as basic medical tools, knowledge of the scientific elements, drug information, etc. This app is equally beneficial for both learners and professionals as it provides them with current information and news feed.
- Doctor On Demand: It is yet another efficient clinical app for doctors as well as patients. With the help of this app, patients can search for physicians in their nearby locations. Also, they can contact the right doctor and get medical aid anytime.
Also, this app is equally beneficial for medical practitioners also. It has a lot of unique features for them such as email, QR code, payment system, messaging, social media, etc. These features let them manage their patients and provide them with treatment in a hassle-free manner.
- Epocrates: It is a free clinical app explicitly designed for the doctors. It gives them all the information about different drugs, medicine identification, etc. Also, this app is convenient and easy to use for the physicians.
2. iOS On-Demand Healthcare Apps
- Lifesum: It is an iOS on-demand clinical app that was initially built to facilitate a healthy lifestyle. It helps patients to plan their workout sessions, keep a check on their meals, tracking their fitness levels, etc. Moreover, this app is capable of functioning smoothly with other Apple devices such as Apple Watch, Apple Health Device, etc.
- BBH Heart: It is another iOS clinical on-demand application. It is meant to assist cardiologists in practicing a multiplicity of specialties. It also provides them with all the news associated with the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology. Also, it offers easy-to-navigate protocols to fulfill the specific requirements of the caregivers.
In this way, on-demand clinical apps have become an integral part of the life of both doctors and the patients. These apps allow them to collaborate and interact as and when required following their convenience so that the patients can enjoy a healthy lifestyle free from every ailment.
Jack of all trades. Covering the journalism field, Vikram writes at MobileAppDaily and keeps surfing the trends to understand tech and inventions better. Don’t forget his driving skills, he is a professional car rallyist. Life has just got better. Breathe it!! Follow