The mobile gaming and app industry sees new trends and evolutions almost every passing year. Thus, SocialPeta decided to release an updated version of the H1 2022 Mobile Game & App Marketing White Paper. The report in-depth mobile app and game industry insights for tech readers from all over the world.
The report covers several different categories of information, such as top apps and their advertiser data, creative data, etc. You will also be able to find other relevant information such as top advertisers’ data, top app stores, etc. With the help of these crucial insights, SocialPeta wants to empower developers and tech enthusiasts so they can improve their ROIs by investing time and money into digital products that thrive or are needed.
Features of this Mobile Gaming & App Industry Report
The report covers data from markets of 72+ countries/regions
It also covers mobile app trends across various platforms combined
While preparing the report, researchers extracted and mentioned data referring to over 1.2 billion creatives
- It is prepared to make the report easy to understand for readers from tech and non-tech backgrounds
Highlights of the Mobile Gaming & App Industry Report
Furthermore, we are now covering some important highlights from the in-depth SocialPeta’s Mobile Gaming & App Industry Report. These insights will give you an overall idea of what the actual report is about.
- The number of mobile app advertisers globally has seen a significant decline in their strength, especially after Covid-19. The report shows an all-time low in the strength of mobile app advertisers, with 83,400 advertisers in January 2022. Mobile game advertisers accounted for approximately 22.65% of the total strength.
- In the first quarter of 2022, after a decline of 22.83% YoY, 10.8 million creatives were accounted for. In the second quarter of 2022, a 38.43% decline was accounted touching a strength of 9.8 million.
- Chinese mainland and South Asia regions saw a significant decline in the numbers of advertisers in the first half of 2022. China’s Mainland saw a decline of 44.00% YoY in the number of advertisers, while the South Asia region overall saw an increase of 8.72% in the number of advertisers.
- In the first half of 2022, WhatsApp lead the app market as the most download app. While in terms of revenue generated, YouTube led the market.
- SocialPeta report shows that casual games accounted for 42% of the spots in the Top 100 by Download category. In the Top 100 by Revenue category, simulation games were leading the charts, followed by RPGs and action games.
- The app advertising data based on app types shows the growth of reading app creatives by 6% YoY in 2022. On the other hand, Business app advertisers accounted for 12.90%, including weather app advertisers, reading apps, news apps, etc.
- From the perspective of mobile advertising costs, the USA had the highest app advertising cost. The USA had an average CPM of $27.54, a CTR of 1.16%, and CPC of $4.22. In Asia, Japan leads the market with $25.93 as the CPM, $3.94 as CPC, and 0.93% as the CTR.
- USA had the lead in the non-gaming advertising costs segment as well with $11.88 CPM, CPC $1.8, and CTR 2.79%. Apart from the USA, Australia and Singapore also had above $10 CPM.
- While designing game creatives for advertising, advertisers used easier sequences to attract more players to the game. In the first half of 2022, advertisers designed ads with lightweight gameplays to make the game look easier and more entertaining.
- The report shows the evolving trends in short or live video streaming platforms. Some pan-entertainment trends of app creatives included dress-up challenges, real people recommendations, and matches for dating apps, among others. Apps like TikTok, Bigo Live, and other short video streaming apps have strengthened the competition that existed in this segment.
General mobile app and gaming app trends
- High-budget games saw a rise in their adaptation by mobile phone game developers. Games like Call of Duty: Warzone saw an increase in popularity in the first half of 2022. Genshin Impact was also selected by Apple for the product performance demonstration. This boosting increase in the popularity of AAA games is shifting the gaming experience limited to PCs to smartphones.
- Metaverse apps have seen rapid growth in their popularity since the announcement of the concept. As per the report, a new Metaverse app is released every day. Between November 2021 to January 2022, 552 new apps came into existence under the Metaverse category.
- The increase in ACGN (Anime Comic Game Novel) is clearly noticeable. For instance, Genshin Impact continuously topped charts among all global games.
Well, these were a few highlights from the in-depth Mobile Gaming & App Industry Report in 2022. Each fact and figure included in the report is taken from verified sources, and to shortlist them, thorough research is done by experts in the field.
You can download the full report to know these app and game development market trends. These trends will help you in planning your investments better and help you in keeping up with everything about the industry.
SocialPeta is one of the leading advertisement intelligence platforms. The platform includes a database of over a billion creatives from 72+ countries. Sources of its statistics are taken from over 90 advertising firms like Unity, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and TikTok, among others. The platform is known for offering real-time market trends with unbeatable accuracy of data.
With a mixture of literature, cinema, and photography, Manish is mostly traveling. When he is not, he is probably writing another tech news for you!
Want To Hire The Best Service Provider? MobileAppDaily will help you explore the best service providers depending on your vision, budget, project requirements and industry. Get in touch and create a list of best-suited companies for your needs.