Do you know there are in-built tools to record screen on Windows? Let’s explore the different ways you can perform this task on Windows.
Do you struggle with capturing your screen on Windows 11 and Windows 10? Well, screen recording is an essential tool. It lets you record your gameplay, an important meeting, or simply a process you covered to fulfill a task on your system. The good news is that in-built tools are available within the Windows operating system. Therefore, we recommend reading this guide if you struggle to record videos on your desktop or laptop.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through all dimensions of the Windows screen recording tools and help you get answers to the question, “How to record screen on Windows?”. Therefore, let’s explore the process and uncover different facets of “How to screen record on Windows?”.
Screen recording is essential for any digital creator, animator, gamer, etc. Thankfully, as mentioned earlier, the latest Windows 11 and older Windows 10 come equipped with a Windows screen recording tool in-built. If you want to use the in-built PC screen recorder or Windows screen recorder, here are the steps you need to take. Therefore, let’s record the screen on Windows:
To open settings, click the Windows button on your desktop.
Once done, it will open a popup like the image above. There, look for the settings icon to open it.
Click on the gaming setting now.
After you are done clicking on the gaming setting, it will open up a window with three different options. These options are:
Xbox Game Bar: The Xbox Game Bar setting offers instant access to multiple functionality to the user without leaving the game
Captures: This is the setting that will enable you to record the screen
Game Mode: This mode allows you to optimize your gaming experience
After you click the capture setting, several screen video captures for Windows 10 and 11 settings will be provided. These settings will help you control the screen recording's quality and other video recording aspects. Let’s explore them:
1. Screenshot and gaming clips will save to: As you can see in image 1, this setting will allow you to save your recorded video to your desired drive and folder
2. Record what happened: This setting, once enabled, lets you access the settings for the screen video recorder on Windows 10 and 11. Several options are available in this setting, such as recording the last 30 secs to 10 minutes. This Windows screen recorder also allows you to record even when the system isn’t plugged in or while the system is being wirelessly projected. It can also be accessed using Windows Key + alt + G.
3. Max Recording Length: This screen video recorder for Windows 10 and 11 feature allows you to set the duration of the recording once the recording has started. The duration of the video can range between 30 minutes to 4 hours
4. Capture audio when recording a game: This record screen on Windows setting allows the user to record the audio while the game is running. It also lets you adjust the quality of the audio that lies between 128 kbps to 192 kbps, microphone record volume, and system recording volume
5. Video Frame Rate: The feature to capture screen on Windows also allows you to record the video at both 30 and 60 fps
6. Video Quality: This feature allows you to adjust the quality of the video between standard and high
7. Capture mouse cursor when recording a game: This setting allows you to enable or disable the recording of the mouse cursor on the screen
Several keys can be used to control the Xbox Game Bar, aka the Windows screen recording tool. Let’s learn about them:
To open the Game Bar setting, as discussed earlier, the user simply needs to use the shortcut Windows Key + alt + G. Once done, a window will appear that will look like this:
Now let’s look at all the features of the Game Bar setting one by one:
This setting can be divided between Mix and Voice. The Mix settings allow you to control the output of the recording. It displays all the default drivers being used for the output and includes all the outputs from the currently open applications. For instance, while writing this article, it was recording the system sound, sounds from the game bar, and Skype.
The Voice setting allows you to work with default input sounds. Also, it enables default communication output and default communication input.
The performance window allows you to check the following parameters or resources related to the system. These are:
There are plenty of best screenshot apps. However, nothing beats the Windows Snipping Tool. The snipping tool is a Windows screen recording tool that is much easier to use and can be utilized for various purposes. Therefore, let’s explore how it can record screen on Windows:
Here are step-by-step instructions that will allow you to perform the intended task. Let’s check them out:
The methodology mentioned above is the traditional route for searching the Snipping Tool. However, the application can be opened simply by using the search bar in the Taskbar. Simply type Snipping Tool, which will show you this icon for this Window screen recording tool, just like the image. The user simply needs to click on open and use the remaining process mentioned above to record the screen on Windows.
In conclusion, screen recording on Windows 11 and Windows 10 has never been more accessible and easier for users. You can be anyone- a content writer striving for excellence, a dedicated gamer looking to record their most epic moments, or someone recording things as their daily needs. This guide proposes two effective ways to answer your query on “How to screen record on Windows?”. There is no simple way of achieving the task of recording the screen. With this guide, we hope that we managed to help you with all your queries and provided enough information to record your Windows screen.
Do you have a Windows screen recorder or any application that can help with B2B or B2B? Are you looking for exposure for application? If yes, list your product on MobileAppDaily. We’ll help you gain more attention by providing your relevant ranking on our incredibly detailed and well-researched reports. Not only will you get relevant exposure, but it will also possibly increase your chances of improved downloads.
Aparna is a growth specialist with handsful knowledge in business development. She values marketing as key a driver for sales, keeping up with the latest in the Mobile App industry. Her getting things done attitude makes her a magnet for the trickiest of tasks. In free times, which are few and far between, you can catch up with her at a game of Fussball.
Cut to the
chase content that’s credible, insightful & actionable.
Get the latest mashup of the App Industry Exclusively Inboxed