Angular is a multi-functional framework that speeds up the development process
AngularJS can be referred to as one of the most versatile and widely-known frameworks that are currently available. This tool was introduced by Google in the year 2012. In short, the angular provided a scalable infrastructure that supported Google’s largest Web and mobile applications.
But if we look at the time span from 2016 to 2018, there has been significant growth in the Angular field and the fact that Google introduced many back to back updates just added more to this situation.
The above image shows some of the core features of the AngularJS framework such as flexible web app development, data binding, cross-platform support, basic MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern etc..
1. Command Line Interface
Command Line Interface, also known as CLI, which can also be stated as one of the most cherished features by a large number of angular developers. The features of CLI in angular js can automate the entire process of development which will further other connected processes easy to run. Some of these processes are app initialization, platform configuration, application development etc.
Apart from this, the Angular CLI also allows app developers to build a new Angular project by adding extra features to it and running unit end-to-end tests with just a few basic commands. This not only increases the code quality of the project but also elevates the development factor.
2. Angular Elements
The angular elements come into existence along with the Angular 6 version, where application developers are allowed to easily add customized elements to any Web application that is being developed by using other environments like React, JQuery or even Vue.
3. In Depth Documentation
AngularJS documentation can be described as a detailed one as it includes all the essential information and details regarding the development process where developers can find all necessary information without any need of asking their peers. Due to this, the app developers working on a particular project can come up with technical solutions at a much quicker pace and proceed to resolve emerging issues without any delay.
4. Ivy Renderer
Here, one of the primary characteristics of this angular tool is the 'tree shaking' technique. This technique can be further explained as when the unused code is removed during rendering by Ivy itself so that the remaining code can be compact and clear at the same time. The feature of Ivy renderer is important because it helps the web apps in loading faster.
5. AngularJS Material
The Angular Material can be labeled as the collection of Material Design elements that are somewhat optimized according to the Angular framework, making it easy for application design developers to integrate UI (User Interface) components on the platform.
6. Dependency Injection
The term dependency injection can be defined as a process in which one object provides its set of dependencies of another object. These are the dependencies that will explain the fact how different components are connected with each other by showing how changes made in one part or component of the code affect the other parts of the code.
In addition to this, we recommend using the feature of dependency injection as it converts the code into a format that is more readable and easily maintainable. This option also reduces the extra time that is usually spent in the testing phase and eventually leading to reduced web development costs.
7. Angular Universal
In the case of server-side rendering, the angular universal can come in quite handy and even provide several benefits to the Web-based or mobile project. For instance, it minimizes the page load time while improving the overall speed and performance on different types of mobile devices.
By facilitating the web crawlers, you can effortlessly boost the total number of users that you receive on your application or web page, thus increasing ranking in the search engine results.
8. Backed Up By Google
A major point that needs to be mentioned in this list of core functionalities of the AngularJS Web application framework is the major amount of support that the angular tool is receiving from a major tech organization like Google. A large number of app developers believe that the support by Google makes angular platforms more reliable and trusted.
The rise in the usage of AngularJS architecture and angular concepts encouraged in the addition of a ton of tools and components that can be used in the application development process with angular.
9. AOT Compiler
These were some of the most powerful features that can probably answer your question on why to choose angular and implement the advantages of angular. With the help of this wide range of functionalities, many businesses opt for angular as their development platform.
Here are some of the different types of projects that can highly benefit from angular Web development and grow their business:
1. Progressive Web Apps: Progressive Web apps a.k.a. PWAs were first introduced in the year 2015 by Google itself, and this was the time when angular developers saw real potential in progressive Web applications. The version of Angular 5 comes with inbuilt support for PWAs to make the process of building a progressive Web app less complex.
2. Dynamic Applications: Another type of projects that benefit by using the AngularJS concepts are the dynamic apps i.e the applications that consist of dynamic content. As we already know that angular platform was created with the initial objective of building SAPs (Single Page Applications) and due to this there are a number of app development tools available to us.
The above image shows the names of the leading companies that use angular technical solutions such as Blispay, Crunchbase, Youtube TV, Google Cloud, Udacity and many more.
Below are some projects that do not require angular development and cannot be listed as AngularJS use cases:
1. Short-term Projects: When it comes to projects that are basically short-term in nature, using angular doesn't seem to be a great option. This is because startups have a limited number of resources at their service and the complexity level of the framework can be difficult to handle by a small group of app developers.
2. Static Websites: The websites that are lightweight and consist of static content may not be ideal for the use of the angular framework. As mentioned above, angular can be an appropriate option for dynamic applications but that's the same case for static content. If a developer uses angular for a small project than implementing angular will only increase the overall size of the website and raise many other complications.
4. SEO-optimized Websites: If you are an angular app developer then you might already know that angular cannot be labeled as being SEO-friendly, making it a hard choice to use in case of websites that are optimized keeping in mind the search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. If not, then there will be a constant requirement of additional efforts in your website development project.
1. Difficulties with backward compatibility
There's no denying the fact that by using the angular framework, application developers face a lot of difficulties, especially with backward compatibility. There is also a complete segment of angular documentation that explains the migration-related details, which can even lead to some confusion.
2. Unfavorable SEO Options
As we have discussed in the points mentioned above, when it comes to the options regarding SEO angular doesn't have much to offer. This is one of the disadvantages that a lot of app developers even complain about because search engine optimization plays a very important role in today's search engine results.
3. Complex To Understand
If we compare angular to other JS frameworks, we can see that in comparison angular is much more complex to understand and also has a steep learning curve. Even though the architecture of angular is component-based which makes the code more readable for the developer, the real issue occurs during the managing part of the set dependencies between these components.
Looking at the points we have discussed above, we can reach the conclusion that the AngularJS web app development framework surely has a wide range of powerful features but with that, there are some pros as well which can not be taken out of consideration.
This is one of the primary reasons why a number of large-scale businesses opt for angular as their preferred choice for the web development platform. We hope that with the help of this article, some of your doubts have been resolved regarding the topic of AngularJS and you keep yourself updated with the latest trends in the world of app development being a part of MobileAppDaily and subscribing to us.
Twinkle is an experienced business and marketing consultant of the mobile app industry. She advocates perfect branding to the latest tech releases. She is passionate about writing well-researched reports to help the app owners and the mobile app industry audience. Also, she has a vibrant touch that goes well in her writing as well.