Top Language Learning Apps That You Should Download Right AwayGet out of the overburdened study zone with these fun language learning apps
Our Top Picks
Top language learning apps make a new language accessible and approachable for the common man. They can easily learn a new language while drinking the morning cup of coffee or during everyday work commute. Using the different language learning apps would also make learning fun as the languages are mostly taught using interactive images and videos that keep the users engaged.
Top language learning apps in 2023
Duolingo is one of the best free language learning apps and was awarded by Apple in 2013. As of now, it is an English language learning app with fun mini-lessons that feel like games. In fact, it has been proven that 34 hours of Duolingo are equivalent to a semester of university-level education. In simple terms, Duolingo is amongst the top free language learning apps that are changing the way people learn languages around the world.
Features of Duolingo
- Duolingo is the best app to learn a language for free
- Bite-sized lessons make language learning fun and track the overall pupil progress
- Touted amongst the best language apps, Duolingo has proven its effectiveness time and again
- The free foreign language app now also provides courses for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish, etc
Rosetta Stone is amongst the free language learning apps that include several Interactive and contextual language lessons, which can be accessed anytime, anywhere, on any device; online or offline. The truAccent technology within the app provides real-time pronunciation feedback and helps the user speak confidently. The app offers its users a ‘Dynamic Immersion’ method, which includes interactive and contextual language lessons blended with extended Learning features in an ad-free environment that is proven to enhance learning manifolds.
Features of Rosetta Stone
- With a variety of speaking-focused lessons and features, the Rosetta Stone app is amongst the best free apps for learning a language
- The app can customize lessons as per user requirements and develop a game plan with curated content to make learning as effective as possible
- Rosetta Stone makes learning a new language approachable for all as the users can easily practice anywhere
- As the best app to learn a foreign language, it helps individuals to learn English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, amongst others
Promova is one of the best apps for language learning and lets you set an education goal. With this app, you may go on an educational journey tailored to your needs and interests and get real-life vocabulary, entertaining pictures, bite-sized courses, quizzes, speaking and listening practice, novels, and more. This app allows you to learn 9 languages. You can choose according to your preferences.
Features of Promova
- With 33 online language courses, you want to learn AND in which language you want to get the explanations
- Get a variety of tools for self-learning, group classes tailored to students of all levels, and friendly chats with the global community
- You can get unique illustrations that will make it easier to memorize words and expressions
- Read books and get the explanation of the words and learn them in context
Winner of the prestigious ‘App of the Year by Facebook - 2017 EMEA Winner’ award, Mondly is one of the different language learning apps that has been creating waves all around. It is in fact the first language learning app to launch VR & AR experiences for learning languages, featuring speech recognition and chatbot technologies. Due to these features, Mondly is amongst the most famous apps to learn language that provides a wholesome learning experience to its users, just like a customized pocket tutor.
Features of Mondly
- Fun language lessons to improve vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation
- Beginner or advanced learner, traveler, or business professional with a tight schedule, Mondly, one of the free language learning apps, has a solution for all
- Explore language exercises for reading, listening, writing, and speaking
- The learn new language app includes a dedicated dictionary, verb conjugator, and state-of-the-art speech recognition technology
With our strategically designed marketing solutions
Lirica is the best Spanish learning app out there that enables users to learn the language with songs, from their favorite Latin artists. The app includes Music videos with synced lyrics in both Spanish & English that enable fun listening for the users and the extended translation games played with the pace of the song help listeners practice their language skill sets. Lirica makes learning engaging and fun as it is one of the best apps to learn a new language.
Features of Lirica
- Curated lessons on key vocabulary & grammar from the song created by professionals
- The learn new language app effectively tracks word learning progression
- Courses for learning enthusiasts, from beginner to intermediate levels
- Music videos with synced lyrics in both Spanish & English
- Fun listening & translation games
Drops is one of the best different language learning apps that helps users to master the vocabulary easily and efficiently for more than 40 languages. Drops is one of the free language apps that focuses on word, rather than grammar in an interactive manner.Its innovative strategy to weave useful vocabulary into the user’s memory through minimalist illustrations and fast paced micro-games helps make it one of the most effective language learning platforms.
Features of Drops
- A professionally curated vocabulary list with more than 2600 words
- Every word is beautifully illustrated in the best free app for learning a language, for better understanding
- Crystal-clear audio developed by professional voice actors
- The app also includes courses to help users learn how to write
- The user’s can view their daily progress report after each course
Speakly is one of the most effective apps to learn language as it makes learning a language possible even while traveling, studying, or living abroad. Speakly is a leader amongst the different language learning apps as it combines science and computational algorithms to help learners learn more than 4,000 statistically relevant words of their target language, with greater efficiency.
Features of Speakly
- The app includes the relevant and the most used words only
- Effective listening exercises and multiple-choice questions and answers
- Practice with real-life situations
- Pronunciation with voice recognition and speaking exercises
- Easy-to-understand grammar system
- 8 interface languages, including Lithuanian, Latvian, and Estonian
Pimsleur is amongst the renowned free language learning apps that specialize in conversational language skills. With the help of this app, users can start speaking a new language within 30 days. As one of the top free language learning apps, Pimsleur helps learners stay on track by reviewing their progress automatically. The users may even stream or download the course content and listen to it offline.
Features of Pimsleur
- 30-minute interactive lessons that enable learning from anywhereRole-play while reviewing written transcripts of conversations
- Practice vocabulary and dive deeper into the written language
- Review and practice sentences and phrases by topic
- Test your new skills with the Quick Match and Speed Round
Babbel is a free foreign language learning app that enables learning through a variety of modes, including regular lessons, speech recognition, podcasts & more. It is the best app to learn French, Spanish, etc. With tools and features like regular lessons, speech recognition, podcasts & more, it is undoubtedly one of the best free language learning apps. Babbel enables its users to learn Spanish and 13 other languages with in-depth content, helping them become a language pro.
Features of Babbel
- Lessons at Babbel generally take only 10-15 minutes to complete
- As a leading name amongst language learning apps, Babbel includes language lessons for travel, work, everyday life, and much more
- The users can improve their pronunciation with Babbel’s speech recognition technology
- The user may enhance their language learning with the provided tips & tricks
Busuu is amongst the best apps to learn another language as it includes detailed content and courses for more than 12 languages. As one of the best free language learning apps, Busuu enjoys a following of more than 100 million viewers. It is an award-winning app that makes mastering languages easier, more entertaining and effective for business, travel, etc. It effectively takes care of all vocabulary and text requirements for learning a new language.
Features of Busuu
- The app allows the users to use conversations to practice speaking with native speakers
- Organize your learning with the Study Plan feature
- As one of the best apps to learn another language, Busuu enables its users to excel at language’s grammar with its Grammar Review feature
- The users also receive official certification with McGraw Hill language certificates
- Download Spanish, English, or Japanese content and study offline as well
- The app offers language support in 15 languages including English, French, Spanish, etc.
Memrise is one of the best apps to learn a new language as it helps the users enhance their real-life language skills through a rich variety of easy-to-use games and over 30,000 native speaker video clips. It is amongst the best language learning apps available, working diligently to help real people understand real accents, real dialect, and real languages.
Features of Memrise
- With their team of native speakers, language experts and developers, Memrise provides the best in the class learning experience
- Variety of learning and practice sessions that are simple, fun, and accessible to everyone
- Courses available for all level language learners
- Option to learn Spanish, French, German, or 20 other languages with the world’s best app to learn a language
That Promote Your Product's USPs
Learning a new language may be fun and engaging, but it requires hard work and due diligence on the end of the learner. The above-mentioned ‘best apps to learn a new language’ will help turn your smartphone into a source of language dictionary, making it unimaginably creative and empowering. You could then take out 10-15 minutes a day to improve vocabulary, learn grammar, or practice pronunciation of a new language. To get better results, we recommend combining several applications at once. Good luck!
We hope you like our report and found the perfect app for your needs. If you have any questions, or if you want to get your app reviewed, contact MobileAppDaily.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.
your Product’s growth