Top 10+ Mobile Apps for Smart Home Automation in 2023The smart home apps you need to know about if you want to take your home into the future!
Our lives have become easier than ever. When it comes to smart home application development, we have a variety of universal smart home applications through which you can control the functions of your electronic home appliances.
Our Top Picks
Now choosing the best app for smart home management can be a picky decision. You have to look for certain qualities in these apps to determine which one is the ideal choice for the job. Before we get to our main subject, let us first discuss why you need smart home automation.
10+ Best Smart Home Apps to Make Life Easier
Amazon Alexa App
The Amazon Alexa app is perhaps one of the most widely preferred applications for controlling appliances. But the best part is that this application is more than that. The application makes your life way easier by doing most of your work.
Moreover, it is not just for Amazon devices. Instead, the app supports electronics of several other popular brands as well. The most loved feature of Alexa is that she can be at your service just as you call out her name. The voice command feature is what makes Alexa special. You can access most of your electronic devices without even using your hands with the Amazon Alexa app. Check out some of the mobile app features below.
Notable features of Amazon Alexa app
- Access status of compatible devices
- Listen to music
- Organize your to-do list
- Call or message supported devices
- Make a shopping list
Samsung Smart Homes App
The South Korean electronics brand does not stay behind in the competition. Samsung has developed their own smart home control application known as the SmartThings app. Through this amazing application, smartphone users are able to connect with their homes on another level. Users can easily access their IoT devices such as washing machines, air conditioners, or refrigerators.
Moreover, SmartThings lets other devices connect through the hub and allows users to get notifications regarding the statuses of the connected devices. The application also supports several compatible devices of other brands than Samsung. Take a look and find what you can do through SmartThings.
Notable features of Samsung Smart Homes app
- Check the status of supported devices
- Cast videos from your phone to your Samsung TV
- Create scheduled cycles of washing machines
- Listen to music
Google Assistant App
Life would be difficult without Google. The tech giant continues to evolve according to the digital trends as years pass by. Since most digital solutions prefer Google, we thought, why should we not mention its smart home app that makes your life easier? The Google Home app is surprisingly compatible with iOS too. This application takes care of all of your basic needs of the best home automation apps.
Similar to our previously stated applications, Google Home works with other mainstream companies too. While the app does not give you full precise control of your electronics’ functions, it handles the job quite smoothly. You can perform the following tasks through Google Home.
Notable features of Google Assistant app
- Best app for smart lights to access basic home functions such as lights, speakers, and cameras
- Set Thermostat temperature
- Get instant updates about the weather
- Play your favorite music
- Set up Guest network
Honeywell Home App
Honeywell is a popular company known for its smart electronic home appliances. The company has also introduced its own mobile app to give users a better smart home automation experience.
The most popular products from Honeywell include basic home electronics such as humidifiers, thermostats, cameras, etc. Users can make their lives easy by going for Honeywell appliances and then downloading the Honeywell Home app on their smartphones. Through this app, users can enjoy the following benefits.
Notable features of Honeywell Home app
- Access to settings of every Honeywell device in the home
- Devices include thermostats, humidifiers, doorbells, etc
- Receive life notifications of activities in the home
- Access every Honeywell camera through one app
With our strategically designed marketing solutions
This one is for the folks who want to protect their properties through their smartphones. The Nest app is another app from Google itself that secures your home from the inside out. The app focuses on delivering every update from every corner of your house to you.
It is connected to mainstream home appliances such as smart cameras, doorbells, alarms, and smoke detectors. If you’re cautious about security and wish to remain vigilant of what is happening in your house during your absence, the Nest app is for you! Check out what you can do with Nest.
Notable features of Nest app
- See who is at your main door and let them in by unlocking the door
- Stay alert of what is going on in your house through security cameras
- Be updated about your home through notifications
- Receive critical alerts if there is too much smoke in the house
- Have precise control over the thermostat
- Be aware of the temperature level of your house
Honorable Mention: Philips Hue App
While this app does not do more than control lights, we had to make it an honorable mention for people looking for complete light control. The Philips Hue app allows you to control Philips smart bulbs. The best part? Incredibly accurate control and cool mobile app features are what you get from Philips Hue.
Notable features of Honorable Mention
- Control the brightness of every Philips bulb in your home
- Set timers for the bulbs
- Change the colors and tones of the bulbs
- Enjoy lighting presets of famous sceneries with one of the best apps to control lights
Apple Home Kit App
HomeKit is Apple's smart home automation platform, which is designed to let you control various internet-connected home devices with Apple devices. The Apple Home app for iOS lets you securely control any smart home device labeled as a "Works with Apple HomeKit” accessory. Apple makes it smooth and easy to get started with Home by controlling your smart home using your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, HomePod, Apple TV, and Mac.
In the app, you can control multiple accessories at the same time, control your home with Siri, and more. It adds new capabilities to devices like lights, locks, cameras, thermostats, plugs, and more, which are operable from anywhere in the world.
Notable features of Apple Home Kit app
- It is one of the best apps to control lights that lets you control your smart devices such as lights, thermostats, and locks using WiFi or Bluetooth, or by voice commands through Siri
- Create scenes and home automation with a smart home app
- Control smart home products using apps on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or simple Siri voice commands
WISER (Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders) is a smartphone app designed to help first responders giving important updates on hazardous material incidents. It gives you rapid access to critical information about a hazardous substance by an intelligent synopsis engine and displays called "Key Info". The app has a spontaneous, simple, logical user interface developed by experienced first responders.
Notable features of WISER app
- Includes Comprehensive Decision Support to aid in the identification and management of unknown substances
- Enjoy extensive access to the NLM’s Hazardous Substances Data Bank
- GIS support provides for isolation/protective distance overlays on a map of the incident
Danalock Bluetooth Z-lock App
The Danalock Bluetooth Z-lock App is a wireless smart lock app that lets you easily control access to your home with your smartphone. The Danalock app is used as the main control for all Danalock products. The Danalock V3 smart lock is a motorized lock that is mounted on the inside of the door and managed with a mobile phone.
The smartphone app is simple and easy to use and therefore for all levels of users including beginners. It is compatible with almost all standard types of locks.
Notable features of Danalock Bluetooth Z-lock app
- Unlock your doors and gates with your smartphone
- Reliable Auto-unlock and relock Feature
- GPS-based automatic unlocking when you get home
- Additional Widget to lock and unlock up to 3 locks
- Share and manage virtual keys with guests
- Auto-Unlock with an additional declaration of intent (Tap to Unlock)
MyQ Garage & Access Control App
MyQ Garage & Access Control is a smart app for smart homes that helps you monitor and control your garage door and home lighting from wherever you are. This is among the best home automation apps that lets you send real time notifications, set schedules and share the app with family members. Never wonder if you left the garage door open again.
Notable features of MyQ Garage & Access Control app
- Smart-home integrations
- Control from anywhere
- Real-time notifications
- Preset scheduling
- Share Access
- Smart-home integrations
An ecobee is a smart home app that learns and adapts based on your needs, behaviors and preferences, providing comfort when you're there, and peace of mind when you're away. To take advantage of this amazing feature, you have to download the ecobee app first to your mobile device and register your thermostat to an Ecobee account.
Notable features of Ecobee app
- Keep track of every activity in your home with ecobee
- Monitor entryways, windows, drawers, and cabinets with intelligent alerts
- Get a clear view of home when SmartCamera detects unexpected activity
That Promote Your Product's USPs
Smart home app development is progressing day by day. Every year the competition gets tougher once a new feature steps into the market. Giant tech companies are always racing to be the first to introduce innovative smart home controls.
Within the next coming years, the smart home automation market is set to grow as more people shift towards smart controls. If you want to make life easier, we recommend you opt for a growing tech brand and start buying most of its smart products.
Try sticking to a single brand that you think is most likely to expand. By the end of this decade, you'll be controlling everything through your smartphone. The possibilities are endless, and the future is uncertain. The quicker you act, the better outcome in the future!
If you have one such app that fits in the above list, get your app reviewed by us.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.
your Product’s growth