10 Best Instagram Photo Editing Apps To Try In 2021A list of the best photo editing apps for Instagram that are sure to augment your interactions through feeds and effective images on posts.
Our Top Picks
In this article, we are discussing the best Instagram editing apps that allow the users to change the style of their photos to make them stand out.
Best Instagram Editing Apps
VSCO is the best available Instagram editing app that allows the users to get completely creative in their outlook to transform the various aspects of a photograph. With features like ‘contrast’ and ‘saturation’ to make photographs pop and ‘grain’ and ‘fade’ to add texture and mimic analog film effects, the photograph editor Instagram app helps the user create professional-like final products.
Features of VSCO
- The Instagram editing app lets the user take their photography to the next level with 10 free VSCO presets
- The users may easily import and edit their raw-like unedited photos
- Advanced Photo Editing Tool provided by the editing app for Instagram helps users to recreate vintage film looks by Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, and other Films
- The users may adjust white balance and experiment with color control of their photographs with the app’s HSL
- The users may develop a video story by layering videos, images, and shapes
- Connect with friends already on VSCO
- Weekly photo Challenges with a dedicated VSCO membership
Adobe Lightroom Photo Editor
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a free and powerful Instagram editing app that includes a state-of-art photo editor that tends to empower the users’ photography with easy and efficient image editing tools like sliders and some of the best Insta filters to simplify photo editing. The professional users may also opt to retouch full-resolution photos for the perfect finish.
Features of Adobe Lightroom Photo Editor
- Edit and transform raw photos with one of the best Instagram filter apps
- The user can easily tap and drag sliders to improve light and color, apply photo filters for pictures, and several other photography tools
- Find the right size and aspect ratio to upgrade photographs
- The user may choose between different photo versions without losing the original
- The photo editor Instagram app helps to reiterate and fine-tuning the details
- Easy, interactive tutorials from fellow photographers
- The users may advance their photography skills with capture modes like Professional and HDR
Snapseed is one of the most easy-to-use editing apps for Instagram, as it enables the users to redecorate and recreate images as per exactly what they want. Developed by Google and with a variety of features like tonal contrast (boost selective details in the shadow), HDR scape (multiple exposure effect), Drama (a touch of doomsday), Grunge (strong styles and texture overlays), and Retrolux (light leaks, retro-style scratches, etc.), to name a few, the Instagram photo editing app helps photographers and post enthusiasts get the perfect picture every time.
Features of Snapseed
- More than 29 tools and filters for the users to choose from
- The best Instagram editing app easily opens the .JPG and .RAW files as well
- The user may save their customized ‘looks’ and apply them to new photos later
- Several options for selective filter brush
- The Instagram photo editor app allows all user styles to be tweaked with fine, precise control
Instasize is the photo and video editing app for Instagram, especially designed and developed for social content creators. This one of the best Instagram photo editor software provides its users with premium filters, borders, and adjustments to create impressive content. Be it beginners or professionals, anyone and everyone can transform their unedited pics to Instagram-ready posts in seconds through this Instagram editing app.
Features of Instasize
- Over 80 naturally enhancing filters for pictures
- The users may custom edit their pictures using tools like adjust sharpness, brightness, exposure, contrast, etc., using the best photo editor for Instagram
- The user may choose to combine multiple photos into one with its easy-to-use collage maker
- An easy-to-use text editor with varied choices for colors and sizes
- The users may keep the traditional white Instasize border, or use one of the app’s 25 themed border packs
Boomerang from Instagram
Boomerang is one of the best Instagram filter apps that makes everyday moments and clicks fun and unexpected, before posting for the photographers as well as the viewers. The app allows the users to easily create captivating mini videos called the ‘boomerangs’ that play on loop. The technology within the Insta photo editor app shoots a burst of 10 photos and turns them into a mini video. The users can then share them on all digital platforms, including posting on Facebook.
Features of Boomerang
- Take mini videos of the user's life using the front and back-facing camera
- No-sign up or account required
- The best Insta filters app takes 10 photos and stitches them together with just one camera button to press
- The users can share ‘boomerang’ videos on Instagram and Facebook right from the app
Canva is a wholesome Insta photo editor app that effectively plays the role of a photo editor, video maker, and logo creator all in one go. With this Instagram photo editing apps’ free usage, any Insta or other social media posts can be made to stand out and reach their intended client base. The app offers various content and design formats to provide an option for all kinds of digital content creation, be it presentations, videos, flyers, or brochures, to name a few.
Features of Canva
- As one of the best Insta filters app, Canva allows the user to crop, flip, trim, cut, and split video files and add pages to them to form the best posts
- The users may also add music to video
- The photo editor tool of one of the best Instagram filter apps use photo filters and a background eraser to make phenomenal pictures
- The Background Remover helps the marketing experts to easily cut out product pictures for collages, e-Commerce, or online shops
- The users can make the designs move with transition effects & animated text stickers
- The user may add their personal text to photos using more than 500 fonts for every mood; use curved, glitch effect, neon text styles, etc.
Color story is one of the best Instagram photo editor apps that enable users to play around with their photographs and alter their parameters to power their requirements. With more than 200 pre-defined filters by top designers and an option to customize one for yourself, the app helps users to focus on fresh photos, on-trend editing styles, and colors that pop. The Insta photo editor app makes the job look simple and fun for beginners as well as experts.
Features of Color Story
- Over 400 carefully crafted filters
- More than 120 movable effects
- The best Insta filters app offers its users more than 20 free tools, including HSL + curves
- custom filters are saved for further usage
- The best photo editing app for Instagram allows its user to view Instagram grid preview before posting
Facetune2 is an easy-to-use editing app for Instagram, that enables users to effectively retouch their selfies and other images. As one of the best Instagram editing apps; Facetune2 acts as the user’s glam squad, helping them get that perfect Insta-worthy picture every time. With several new retouching filters and photo correction features, the app enables powerful edits with ease. For instance: there are pre-customized options for whitening teeth, brightening eyes, correcting bad lighting, applying face contours, and professional makeup, to name a few.
Also, in case you are not aware of the working of Instagram's algorithm, we recommend you to go through it once.
Features of Facetune2
- One of the best Instagram filter apps contain several professional tools for selfie and photo editing
- Choose from dozens of free filters, including blurring of the background, touch up, etc
- The best photo editing app for Instagram includes several artistic tools and image correction features like reshape, crop, blur, and fine-tune user’s photos for praiseworthy final product
- Remove zits, pimples, and blemishes from selfies
- Smooth out your skin with the ‘airbrush’ feature
Afterlight is one of the good apps to edit Instagram photos as it enables quick and straightforward editing. With its simple design, paired with powerful filters and tools like real film textures, this best Insta filters app can provide the user’s pictures and posts the look they want in seconds. The users can easily transform their photos with the app’s rotating tool, vertical and horizontal flipping tools, and straightening.
Features of Afterlight2
- 15 uniquely made adjustment tools to enhance user images to perfection
- As one of the best photo editors for Instagram, Afterlight has 27 fully adjustable original filters, 14 guest filters by various Instagram users, and the new Seasons filter pack, including 18 filters
- There are more than 66 textures and natural light leaks for the users to choose from
- The users may easily crop their photos with the app’s 15 different presets
- The users may transform their photos with Afterlife’s rotating tool, vertical and horizontal flipping tools, and straightening
- 77 different simplistic and adjustable frames to be paired perfectly with Instagram.
Later is one of the most useful Instagram photo editing apps free that helps users make the best of their social media posts. The Insta photo editor app helps users to visually plan, schedule, and manage their social presence across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. With features like ease of scheduling hashtags, tagging users and locations, driving traffic with Linkin.bio, uploading images, and videos, adding labels, scheduling time slots, amongst others, the app enables the users to become social media pros.
Features of Later
- As one of the best Instagram filter apps, it efficiently manages multiple accounts for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter
- The users may plan and preview their Instagram feed, even before posting
- The users may ‘auto publish’ with their Instagram Business Profile
- The Instagram photo editor app multi-photo Instagram posts
- No auto-publish
- Schedule photos and videos
With all this said, it is best to experiment with different photo filter apps to find which suits you the best. For instance, if you plan to edit videos for posting on Instagram as well, Canva could be a good option. However, photo editing with Adobe’s LightRoom or Google’s Snapseed can be quite efficiently achieved. You will have to first understand your own requirements from the app, and then choose one from the above-given list that shall meet them.
We hope you like our report and found the perfect app for your needs. If you have any questions, or if you want to get your app reviewed, contact MobileAppDaily.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.