10+ Best Apps For Seniors In 2023 To Make Life More ComfortableExpress Script is one of the best apps for seniors to get medicines delivered at home 24x7
Our Top Picks
Now, when there are so many apps existing with the claim of being “best phone apps for seniors”, it might get confusing to choose one. Therefore, we are mentioning a few good apps for older adults. These apps might offer different features. However, they are shortlisted here due to their popularity and user-friendliness for seniors. Let’s find out below!
Best Apps For Senior Citizens
WebMD is designed as an app to help elderly adults with features such as Symptom checker, Doctor Directory, Medication Reminders, etc. The purpose of the app is to serve seniors with instant medical needs. Currently, WebMD is also offering additional features like Coronavirus Updates and news.
Features of WebMD
- In WebMD, you can choose your symptoms and identify potential health issues
- Doctor Directory uses your geolocation and provides detail of doctors and specialists around you
- With Medication reminders, you can set notifications according to your prescription schedules along with images of the med
- Drug Interaction checker gives you an insight on harmful combinations of medications
- WebMD Rx provides details of the lowest prescription medicine prices by partnering up with leading pharmacy chains in the US
Express Scripts is one of the best apps for elderly care designed to deliver medicines 24x7. Moreover, the app allows users to consult with doctors through chats or calls as well. You can order refills for prescriptions and check the real-time status of your orders. This app has been designed with the consideration of immediate medical requirements.
Feature of Express Scripts
- Order prescription refills for you or family members any time
- Check real-time status of your medicine deliveries
- Set-up automatic refills to automatically order medicines according to schedules
- Add reminders according to your prescription schedules
- Access your medical ID on the go
Medisafe is used to track medicine schedules to save patients from overdose and track their medicine usage. Medisafe can be one of the most useful apps for retirees or seniors with a diagnosis like Alzheimer's or Amnesia. The app offers a simple User Interface to make it one of the best apps for senior citizens to use.
Features of Medisafe
- Medtones is a feature integrated into the app to remind you of your medicines according to the prescription schedule
- Refill reminder alerts you before you should get meds refilled
- You can track and export your medical records and share them with your medical expert in PDF format
- Family Interaction feature lets you manage medicine records of family members with a single account
- The app is rated 4.7 and 4.6 on the App Store and Google Play Store, respectively
Magnifying Glass + Flashlight
This app is designed to help seniors in zooming on small prints, texts, objects, etc. The integrated LED torch is useful to read texts in the dark. Elderlies can use this one of the top mobile apps for seniors in situations where prescription texts are so small to read, or the ambiance lighting is too less to properly see things.
Features of Magnifying Glass + Flashlight
- The app has a magnifier camera integrated with the LED torch to zoom on small prints
- You can also save pictures on the device
- Dark contrast mode can help you in reading texts more clearly
- You can magnify up to 5x over texts
- Auto Focus mode can focus on the text your camera is directed onto
With our strategically designed marketing solutions
Better Me is one of the best fitness apps senior citizens can use. The app comes with thousands of free workouts. Moreover, the app also includes step-by-step walkthroughs for exercises. You can stay fit even in your 70s with personalized fitness lessons for you including yoga, meditation, and walking among others.
Features of Better Me
- Better Me is designed to make exercise convenient for older people
- The app has been awarded as the Fastest Growing App 2018
- It includes certified training coaches for a better learning experience
- Meal plans included in the app are designed to keep them senior citizens friendly
Empowerji is one of the best apps for elderly people designed to help them in the learning process of operating apps and websites. The app is dedicated to making seniors technologically literate through workshops, mobile apps, and helpline numbers. To begin with, you can create an account on the app and login every time you need to use it.
Features of Empowerji
- Empowerji is dedicated to helping seniors in learning daily mobile apps, sites, etc
- It is available in four languages including English, Hindi, Marathi, and Gujarati
- It supports learning process for Android and iOs both apps and websites
- The app comes with explanation videos for users
This AI-based health monitor app is built by Indian developers to serve seniors for their medical needs. The AI integrated with this app is capable of detecting symptoms and alerting in advance. Moreover, with the remote health monitoring feature, you can keep an eye on the health of your loved ones as well.
Features of Dozee
- You can use Remote Health monitor feature to track vitals and sleeping cycle of your loved ones
- The AI keeps a track of vibrations generated by your heartbeats regularly to detect any possible symptoms
- Regular app reports can give you a weekly, monthly, or annual track record of your health
- The AI-supported meditation library can help you in meditating peacefully
- The sleep music library is integrated to make you relaxed
Oscar Senior is a communication app designed with a simple UI to make it an app to check on elderly. The app comes with functions like One-touch video call, auto-answer, internet access, fun games, etc. The purpose of this app is to make it as simple as possible so that seniors can use it without any hassle and stay in touch with their loved ones.
Features of Oscar Senior
- Oscar Senior is a communication app with functions like the auto answer, one-touch video calls, etc
- You can track the activity of the user through this app
- Reminders can help in keeping the track of important events
- The app is free from spam advertisements
- Local news and weather updates are available on Oscar Senior
Google Fit, collaborated with the World Health Organization (WHO) can track your activity and suggest your goals to boost your fitness. Moreover, you can keep a track of your everyday activities including exercises, walks, or biking. The app is also capable of integrating with third-party apps such as MyFitnessPal, Xiaomi Mi bands, etc.
Features of Google Fit
- You can use Google Fit to keep a track of your daily activities and add health points in the app
- These health points can set goals for you to follow to remain fit
- The app can integrate with third-party apps like Nike+, MyFitnessPal, etc
- Keep a track of your exercise and other fitness activities and see how impactful they are for you
Uber is one of the best cab booking apps existing to assist seniors. The app has a global network of cab drivers to book Sedans, SUVs, or other types of taxis. This cab booking app to help elderly also provides emergency contacts to help elderlies during rides. Moreover, senior users can share ride details with family and friends to inform them about the ride.
Features of Uber
- Uber is a cab booking service with a global network of cabs and drivers
- The app has a rating system for users to provide feedback on the riding experience
- In case of emergencies during the ride, you can use the app to alert local authorities
- Uber is rated 4.3 and 4.5 on the App Store and Google Play Store respectively
Duolingo is one of the best language learning apps for retirees. Senior citizens can use this app to learn their favorite language from the comfort of their homes. Moreover, the app provides a detailed feedback system along with periodically divided personalized learning goals for a better learning experience.
Features of Duolingo
- Duolingo Plus comes with a 14 days free trial
- The app is free with basic language learning features like daily lessons, language practice, etc
- The app is rated 4.7 and 4.6 on the App Store and Google Play store respectively
- You can use Duolingo to learn languages like English, French, Korean, Spanish, etc
That Promote Your Product's USPs
In the end, let’s just summarize what we discussed above. These apps for elderly which we can see above have different purposes to assist seniors in many ways. Some apps like Duolingo or Oscar Senior are perfect for seniors if they are looking for something to pass time with and learn as well.
Moreover, Magnifying Glass + Flashlight is suitable for seniors who might have weak eyesight. In short, the conclusion is that these apps can be used in different situations, therefore, keeping them installed in your phone might really come handy.
Before we wind up this blog, we hope you got an idea of the current app market trend and how it’s revolutionizing to assist senior citizens in a better way. Now if you are a developer and you are also planning to develop an app; you can contact MobileAppDaily to get your app reviewed. Additionally, you can visit the website for more app related blogs and news.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.
your Product’s growth