Use one of these top 10 video calling apps to seamlessly video chat on Android
While mobile apps made communication and social interactions easier, video calling apps have made communications more personal. Gone are the days when one suffered in agony of know having any news of their loved ones.
1. Slack: It is more than just facilitating a one on one video calling. Slack brings you a calling feature that lets up to 15 people to chat simultaneously, making it a perfect for businesses and group calls. The only catch being, the feature is only available for companies registered on Slack’s paid plans. It offers supportability with almost all devices including Windows, Mac app, and Chrome. Besides these devices, Slack is also compatible with third-party video apps, like Hangouts and Zoom, and lets users make through Slack. As for users who don’t want to pay, Slack allows them to make only direct calls.
2. ZOOM Cloud Meetings: As world’s number#1 web conferencing service, Zoom cloud meeting offers one consistent enterprise experience. Whether you need to connect with your team over a meeting or looking forward to host a webinar, the app has it all for you. The app additionally features cross-platform messaging and file sharing options that makes it easy for professionals to pass information to every single person. There are Zoom Rooms that entrepreneurs can use for building collaborating-enabled conference rooms.
3. ICQ — Video Calls & Chat Messenger: Launched in 1996, ICQ Messenger was created into a time of pagers and palm pilots, a time before Google or Skype. A product of four Israeli high school kids, this app went on to rival the world’s largest messaging apps and is still going strong. With features like free HD chat, high-quality voice calls and unlimited international chat rooms and channels via 3G, 4G, LTE and Wi-Fi, ICQ Messenger is the best for a group chat with friends and family. You can also control who gets added to the group. Share how you feel with its 3D animated stickers in calls and snaps in Stories and beautify your memories.
4. WeChat: As the fastest growing alternative to Whatsapp in Asia, WeChat offers everything a video chat app should include. No wonder, the app boasts of more than 50 million registered users and is one of the most-downloaded in countries like India, Malaysia, Philippines, and Mexico. With WeChat, users can send audio messages, have live conversations, send special emoticons and enable group chats. Its own unique features like Web WeChat, QR Code-filled profiles, especially animated emoticons, and social media integration.
5. LINE: Free Calls & Messages: This app is ruling in all of US, UK, China and other south-east Asian countries and its list of features will answer why is that the case. LINE is a mix of social, voice and text functions in one neat package. It not only serves as a social media platform with sections like Friends, Timeline, Chats but also series of games, Sticker shop and Line Camera. Icons for Line games and Line Camera are integrated within the app. Once you click on them, the app will reroute users to the app store to download them. Similar to Facebook, there is a cover image in addition to display photo, and an “add a friend” icon in the upper right corner of the homepage. Users also get their own Timeline where they can create posts and also view posts submitted by their friends.
6. Amazon Alexa: If you have an Amazon Echo smart speaker, you will be hooked on this. You don’t even need an Echo Show with its display screen, simply choose the contact on your mobile phone. In order to make and receive video calls through Amazon’s Alexa app, tap on the Conversations icon and then tap on the Contacts icon at the top. You’ll find the list of contacts who use and have registered with the Alexa app. Tap on the contact you want to call and then tap on the camera icon to place a video call. The call is routed to the person’s Echo device and to the Alexa app, where you can see each other.
7. Viber: Ever since its genesis, this has displayed a remarkable improvement in a lot of new features. Besides being free, Viber offers supportability for almost all operating systems, and also mobile devices like Blackberry, Windows Phone, Android, and Apple devices. It also prioritizes user privacy and offers secure communications between users by automatically encrypts text messages, video and voice calls, photos, and group chats. Its UI is simple and user-friendly as all one has to do is click on the Camera sign next to a user’s name and start talking.
8. IMO free video call and chat: The app lets users make free video and voice call over 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connections. IMO offer data encryption and secure the privacy of your call and messages. You can also connect with many at the same time with group calling, send stickers, share photos, and more. Downloading this app is also light on your phone’s memory space as its size is a little bit more than 5 MB, making it an ideal video calling app for low-end mobile phones with limited memory. Although free, IMO does hassle its users with some sponsored advertisement within the app.
9. JusTalk: This presents simplicity at its best. Its hassle free simple UI although offers limited features, the app’s efficiency and some fun features have bagged it millions of downloads. JusTalk with its prime focus on video chatting, lets loved ones connect with each other across the world. It's often popular with young kids as it offers doodling feature while in a video call. Other features include group video chats with infinite participants, games, musical ringtones, etc. It offers cross-platform supportability, smooth, high-quality voice and video calls over every network. Users can also send text messages, share images and customize the app with different themes. One of the greatest features of Jus Talk is its call recording feature that allows users to record their calls and save them to the album. Although free to download, it contain some in-app purchases and ads.
10. Tango: Tango is not only a featured packed video chaat app but also a social networking mobile app. Besides offering HD quality messaging service, inclusive of both video and voice calling, Tango lets users share photos, videos, audio, stickers, locations that users can add to their news feed on Tango. Although group chats can include up to 300 people at once. Users can also broadcast live videos on Tango and play games while chatting. Tango consumes way lesser data as compared to rest of the apps. As a cross-platform app, it offers supportability across many devices including iPhone, Android, and Windows.
We as humans, experience life in visuals, colors, expressions and actions. Why should our communication be any different? While a good morning text from your lover ones surely brightens the day, but there’s no greater joy in seeing their bright smile over a video call. Humans are social beings and interactions need to equally social. Video chat apps are thus the source to those interactions, whether its in one’s personal life or professional.
Meenal currently works as a writer for Mobile App Daily. In the course of past five years, she's dabbled her way through Entertainment, Lifestyle, Automobiles only to find her one true love- technology. She uses all this information to help people she meets while traveling the globe. While a woman of few words, she can write blogs on anything endlessly.Follow
From leading business houses to budding startups, everyone can bank on us for all their future insights.A look at our mighty stats is a proof enough of our intentions to drive emerging advancements in the mobile industry and reinventing digital media in every possible way JOIN US!