5 Best Android Apps To Protect Your Privacy OnlineAndroid apps that will save your device from being compromised
Our Top Picks
Here, in this blog, we have handpicked android apps that protects the privacy of devices
Best Android Apps To Protect Your Privacy Online
DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser
DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser was Founded back in 2008. DuckDuckGo has consistently been on the side of the user when it comes to protecting data and Android security. Eschewing the traditional practice of farming and selling on your personal information, the pro-privacy company is a genuine advocate for online security.
The DuckDuckGo Privacy browser features a tracker blocker, an option for forced encryption and a fire button next to your tabs which, when pressed, completely toasts your browsing history. So, it is one of the best picks for you to protect your privacy online.
Features of DuckDuckGo privacy browser
- Escape advertising tracker networks
- Increase encryption protection
- Search privately
- Decode privacy policies
Signal Private Messenger
Signal Private Messenger is a fully open-source platform. The signal is designed from the ground up for privacy. They don’t store metadata (which can identify who used what service where) and anyone can check how the app operates by viewing the source code.
So whilst it’s easily one of the best apps for security, it’s actually a well-designed messenger app too. It adds more shields to all your text messages.
Features of Signal Private Messenger
- Advanced end to end encryption for enhanced privacy
- The user can verify the security by auditing the code
- No separate logins, PINs, usernames, or passwords to manage or lose.
- Create encrypted groups for private conversations
- The message speed is blazing fast
- No long-distance charges
ProtonMail is an open-source encrypted email developed by world-renowned scientists at the CERN Institute. Proton is a leader in privacy when it comes to email. The key features of this excellent email option include self-deleting messages and the ability to send and receive password-protected emails.
End-to-end encryption is standard with ProtonMail, so you can rest assured that no one at the company is monitoring your communications.
Features of ProtonMail
- End-to-end encryption enabled
- Encryption is automatic and remains invisible to the user
- All messages are stored in encrypted format
- Encryption is open to inspection by security experts
Anyone who cares about online privacy should be using a VPN. Not only does it protect your privacy by routing your traffic through an encrypted 3rd party location, it is a sure fire way to get around most of the government imposed content filtering on the internet, allowing you to access sites that for whatever reason your country decides are off limits.
Try to avoid free VPN’s if you can, with a cost to operate the service you have to wonder what they are doing with the traffic that passes through their servers, and whilst there is a slew of paid VPN providers for Android. ExpressVPN has the added benefits that it is super-fast, and comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Features of ExpressVPN
- Choose from 100s of VPN location
- 24/7 customer support by live chat and email
- Works with 3G, Wi-Fi, LTE or 4G, and all other mobile data carriers
- Offers encryption with UDP and TCP protocols
An invaluable app for anyone who wants to keep their phone number out of the public domain. With a lot of two-factor identification done by text message, the last thing you want to do is broadcast your actual phone number in any kind of public forum. Hushed allows you to create temporary phone numbers that can be deleted after use, this is perfect for sites like Gumtree, or when signing up to websites that would otherwise sell your details to marketing firms.
Features of Hushed
- Full talk, text, and (MMS) capabilities
- Local numbers can be selected in over 60 countries
- All numbers come equipped with Custom Voicemail Greetings, Auto Reply Messages, Call Forwarding, Call Routing, and more
- Access your account on any device
- Free international calls
- Fully encrypted private messaging
With this list, we complete our top 5 Android apps that promise to secure your personal smartphone data. Whilst there is no silver bullet for keeping your personal details private, with the arsenal above installed onto your device, you have some impressive weapons against intrusion that help keep your smartphone secure.
Also, maintaining a basic hygiene while operating your smartphone will also help you to stay away from data breaches. Always remember to download the apps from Google Play Store and don’t entertain unwanted queries from suspicious apps. If you have an app and want to get features, then get your app reviewed by us today! Good luck.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.