Cloud computing has entirely revolutionized the app building mechanism. It has become easier for developers and as well as entrepreneurs to build enterprise-grade applications on the cloud. With the help of cloud app development, accessibility to such apps has also increased through services like software, platform, and infrastructure as a service. Any app development agency is interested in integrating cloud infrastructure, as this is being more and more requested by businesses and as it enhances the mobile ecosystem for mobile apps.
With that being said, many developers are still not using the cloud technology in order to create the applications. We will today highlight the new opportunities which the cloud technology brings to the world of web and app development.
Opportunities offered by cloud technology for app development
Businesses these days need apps which are faster to respond as well as accessible from anywhere around the world. They do not like to be limited by the machine or the hardware through which they will be able to operate the app. This is where the app development in the cloud comes into the picture. With the help of enterprise-grade solutions, the applications built on the cloud platform will be accessible from anywhere. In addition to that, there are many more opportunities which are offered by cloud technology when it comes to app development.
- Faster Speed: The applications which are built on the cloud technology can be tested and deployed quickly. Moreover, due to the redundancy in cloud technology, accessibility is equally fast. There is no lag at all. This ensures that businesses are able to use them in real time without any delay.
- Scalability: The cloud technology can be scaled up in order to provide appropriate resources to the apps. There is no extra hardware installation. All the servers in the cloud environment are constantly online. As a result, with the help of a single click, the bandwidth, as well as the resources allocated to the app, can be increased. This ensures that the app does not ever go down due to the dearth of resources. Such scalability is only possible on the cloud platform.
- Cost-Effective: The cloud provider rents the data centers and the servers required for the cloud environment. The client only pays for the resources which they use. As the cost of the maintenance of the servers and the data centers is not on the client, the cost incurred by the client is on the lower side. This ensures that developing applications on cloud technology is much more affordable as well.
- Easy functioning: The developers or the businesses using the applications do not have to worry about the infrastructure of the cloud. The cloud infrastructure company does the maintenance. This ensures that the cloud technology is much easier to use.
These opportunities which are offered to the app developers by the cloud technology platform are just exclusive to them. That is why it is easier for the developers to build applications on the cloud platform.
Cloud Development - A revolution in app development
The cloud platform provides quite a few features which the traditional app development platforms do not provide. As a result, it is able to revolutionize app development. Some of the unique features which it offers include:
- Fully integrated solutions: When you’re developing an application based on the cloud platform, it is fully integrated with the platform. Every feature of the app uses the features of the cloud platform. As a result, not only a fully integrated app is provided, but the app is fully secure as well. Owing to the fact that a single platform is used, the performance of the app is much faster as compared to the traditional platforms.
- New age features: The cloud platform also provides plenty of new age features like social media networking as well as geolocation to the app developers. This is one of the main reasons why they are able to develop apps more seamlessly and also integrate various functions into the app.
Owing to these two reasons, the cloud platform has entirely revolutionized the process of developing a mobile app.
Steps to build a Cloud Ready Application
The steps to build a cloud-ready application are pretty straightforward. We will highlight how to build a cloud-ready application in 5 simple steps.
1. Creating the application is a collection of services
The best way to deploy a cloud application is to create it as a collection of services. You can even use APIs in order to provide access to the services. With the help of such architecture, you will be able to decouple the data if necessary. As a result, you will be able to provide the services as a bundle or as individual services.
2. Decoupling the data
The cloud platform is a distributed network. That is why tightly coupling data is not the solution. Once you are able to design it in a decoupled way, the data can be stored on another server, and the process can be run on the other. As a result, it can easily operate on the hybrid cloud platform rather than just operating on a public or private cloud platform.
3. Optimized for communication between components
If the different parts of the application are constantly communicating with each other, the performance of the application will be slowed down. On the other hand, when the communication is optimized between the different components, the entire performance will be streamlined. There will be no lag at all. That is why you have to ensure that the communication is optimized between the different components.
4. Model the app for scalability
When you’re creating the model of the app, it is important to factor in scalability. The design and the modeling of the app should be such that even if 1000 users log in at the same time, there is no lag. Also, the scalability should be such that the servers should be able to handle a load of that many users as well. When you are able to think about both of these issues in advance, you will be able to create a truly scalable app.
5. Integral security
Instead of thinking about the security of the app after completing the development, you have to make it an integral to the development. When you are able to assign it a high priority, you will take care of it at every step. Usually, when you look at the cloud platform, it makes use of the identity and access management system. This ensures that the security provided is pretty sturdy, but at the same time, the cost of security is on the lower side. You have to design the security aspect of your application keeping this system in mind.
When you are able to follow these five steps while developing a cloud-based application, it will become easier for you to develop an integrated application which can be run on hybrid as well as public and private clouds.
Issues related to Cloud Development
Even though the cloud platform is pretty sturdy and versatile, there are a few issues which you will face when using the cloud platform. It’s important to determine these issues and get introduced to practices which will enhance your cloud management performance. These issues are:
You need to keep in mind that if the cloud platform goes down, your application will go down as well. You always have to choose your cloud provider carefully and have a backup plan in place.
2. Learning curve
Up until now, if you have been developing applications locally, you will realize that there is a difference when it comes to a cloud platform. You will have to learn a few new things like XML, SQL and other command line tools.
3. Licensing restrictions
Before you choose the cloud platform, it is a good idea to check the licensing restrictions to ensure that you will be able to build the application without any limitations.
4. Integration with on-site apps
If you already have installed on-site apps, you have to work towards providing seamless integration between on-site apps and cloud-based apps. This can pose some challenges during the initial period. You can, however, use APIs in order to overcome these. These are some of the issues which a developer will face while opting for app development in the cloud. However, the good news is that most of the issues can be tackled easily.
Why has Cloud technology become a necessity for app development?
App development in the cloud has not just become an option but a necessity for most of the businesses. The reasons are plenty.
With globalization, businesses can no longer afford to use different resources in different parts of the world. With the help of cloud technology, resources can be used by offices around the globe. This ensures that with the cloud technology, the same applications can be used with seamless communication and execution between different teams globally which helps the business deliver cutting-edge solutions to the clients.
2. Cost advantage
With the changing business environment, it is not feasible to maintain the network or the servers for every business. If indeed, they do so the cost implications that will appear will significantly increase the cost of the product developed by the business. On the other hand, with the help of a cloud platform, they will not have to worry about maintaining the infrastructure. Thus, they will be able to gain a cost advantage over their competition.
Cloud platform provides a much better uptime for the applications as compared to legacy hosting solutions. With the help of a better uptime, companies will be able to provide round-the-clock services to their clients. This certainly provides you with an edge over the competitions which are still using the on-site applications or the traditional hosting solutions.
Owing to these three reasons, app development in the cloud has become a necessity rather than just an option.
Ever since the advent of cloud technology, it has brought about Herculean changes to the app development scene. These days, most of the developers are either already building the apps on the cloud platform, or they’re still in the planning phase. It has become a necessity for most of the businesses due to the efficiency which it provides.
The cloud platform surely is making up new opportunities as well as revolutionizing app development, and not keeping up to date with the recent changes will threaten your apps existence and usability.
You may also like:
React Vs. Angular: In-Depth Comparison
Symfony Vs Laravel: The Debate Is Over Now
Are You Building An On-Demand Delivery App? Here Is The Guide
How Much Does It Cost To Maintain An App
The Ideal Guide For Cross-Platform Mobile App Development