Why should you choose Flutter app development?
The evolving digital landscape is introducing a huge number of digital solutions across the world. Websites, apps, software for Windows, devices, games, and many categories of digital solutions are taking over the daily lives of human beings. In such a massively competitive landscape, Flutter has emerged as a popular choice to build digital solutions.
Flutter is a well-known Software Development Kit (SDK) owned by Google that enables the building of scalable cross-platform apps. There are several reasons why developers should choose Flutter as their app development resource.
- Simple & fast development- Flutter is well known for speeding up the cross-platform development process. You can simply write a single codebase to build and deploy apps on Android and iOS platforms. This ability saves time and effort while for clients it reduces the budget required to build apps to target both userbases. Due to the single codebase, the app also looks consistent and works the same across both platforms which makes it possible to keep the user experience consistent.
- High productivity- As mentioned above that Flutter saves time. It means you can build more solutions thanks to the time you saved by signing up for this advanced SDK. Now, you build more apps and attract better reviews. And from the client’s perspective, they are getting their apps delivered faster. A win-win situation for both parties. It also makes it easier for developers to take on multiple projects at once if they have enough people to handle them. Flutter, in short, reduces the development time of building apps from a year to months.
- Close to native performance- Flutter is well known for its performance that has almost a native touch. The app development technology helps apps load faster and have a range of native resources and APIs to integrate. Whether you want to integrate GPS-based features or your app requires a camera feature, Flutter is able to provide you with a range of features to use for your app development process.
- Beautiful UI Kit- Flutter has a stunning UI kit that helps developers build visually stunning mobile apps. The app includes a range of widgets that are customizable and useful to create several types of app designs. You can even explore app templates to speed up the app development process effectively.
- Hot reload and faster app testing- The hot reload ability of Flutter makes it easier to test apps on the platform. The feature lets you see changes as soon as you make them in the codebase of an app. Flutter app development companies love using this feature as it saves them from purchasing premiums of other app testing tools and they save time on integrating other resources to test the apps they are building with Flutter.
- Huge community support- Approximately 400,000 apps across the globe are based on Flutter. The app development framework has been used by top brands like Alibaba, Uber, SpaceX, Ebay, and more to build their high-quality apps. Another fact is that Flutter is open-source and as anybody can use the framework, it contributes to boosting the popularity of the tool massively as well. Additionally, a huge community makes it easier to solve problems developers face as someone in the community can help developers solve problems.
How to shortlist ideal Flutter app development companies?
When it comes to the shortlisting process of the top Flutter app development companies, the experts from MobileAppDaily make sure to check for all the requirements including company size, expertise, company reputation, clients, and of course Flutter developers.
In addition to this, we also want to mention the fact that the above-mentioned Flutter development companies are listed in no particular preference or order. Now, let’s take a look at the parameters on whose basis we finalize our decision:
- Tools & technologies being used- Apart from Flutter, the Flutter development company you are hiring should be well-versed with additional technologies like AI, IoT, AR/VR, blockchain, ML, and more as well as most of these technologies are used in almost all categories of apps existing in the market.
- Vision and mission of the company- While shortlisting the Flutter development companies to partner with, going through their morals, ethics, visions, and missions can be helpful in picking the right tech partners. The vision of a company gives a hint into how prioritized your task will be, and what kind of quality standards will be applied to build your digital product. You can also go through client portfolios and past projects to cross-check the vision of an organization you are planning to partner with.
- Total number of satisfied clients- The client portfolio of an organization can save you from wasting your time and resources with the wrong Flutter app development companies. To cross-check the quality standards of Flutter development companies, the client portfolio can be quite helpful as well. Additionally, there are several platforms like Clutch, MobileAppDaily, Goodfirms, Glassdoor, etc where you can read more about the type of clients most Flutter companies have partnered with. You can read reviews, go through ratings, check out the quality of previously built products, and more to ensure whether a company is capable of building your visioned product or not.
- The top brands the company has worked with- Which companies have trusted Flutter development companies can be considered as another important factor to judge the quality of the organization. Again, the client portfolio, case studies, etc can be helpful for you in finding that data. Going through the top partners is also a reflection of the kind of experience the shortlisted Flutter development company has.
- Diversity of the Flutter projects- The diversity of Flutter projects represents the types of apps a Flutter app development company has built in the past. You can get an idea of the experience your shortlisted Flutter development companies possess with several technologies whether these technologies are AI, IoT, AR/VR, or ML among others. A diversified portfolio can also refer to the kind of clients a Flutter development company has worked with. Clients can be from the healthcare sector, fintech sector, blockchain sector, entertainment sector, etc. This helps you find the most suitable app development partner for your requirements.
- Overall certifications and awards- A company that has built a reputation in the industry and delivered several successful projects will probably have a list of achievements to show off. These achievements can be awards and recognitions given to the organization by other companies. You can go through the nominations, past achievements, certifications, recognitions, and appreciation certificates received by a Flutter app development company to judge its quality of work and to shortlist them to build your Flutter project.
- The total experience of the company- Flutter app development companies that are new in the race are often cheaper compared to the ones that are active in the industry for years. If you have a lower budget, you should prefer companies that are still trying to build their reputation in the market. This will not only give you leverage in terms of the development budget but you will also get to work with a company that is trying to secure positive reviews. Thus, it will focus on delivering the best possible client experience through its packages, development quality, transparency of the development process, and timeline of building the app.
- Transparency and security standards- Apps require the best level of security standards applied to them during the development process to ensure the data remains safe and the app does not face any kind of cyberattacks later due to any possible vulnerabilities left during the development process. To make sure that, partner with the Flutter development organizations that have a history of building safer apps.
What are some of the most popular apps built by Flutter?
Flutter is super popular and has been used by a range of companies around the world in their popular apps that you know of. The app development framework by Google is trusted for the performance and app security standards that it delivers. And being one of the largest databases of UI elements, Flutter is perfect to build modern apps. Furthermore, some of the popular Flutter apps that we have to list for you are:
BMW had been offering BMW & Mini connected apps for a while to its users now. But in 2018, to bring consistency in its iOS and Android apps and to save costs from doubling up the teams, BMW decided to build cross-platform apps using Flutter. Flutter turned out to be the perfect solution for building web-based cross-platform apps. The tool catered to the need of the brand and showed the potential to offer seamless user experiences compared to all other alternatives of Flutter that were evaluated as well by the brand. In 2020, the new BMW app was made available for everyone in 47 countries that is designed to provide a direct interface between the vehicle and the driver and to work as a communication channel between the BMW dealers and the brand.
2. Google Pay
One of the most famous payment apps- Google Pay is used by over 100 million users from dozens of countries to make payments, save money, earn discounts, and more. Adopting Flutter helped Google Pay do the same work with 1.2 times lesser work compared to building apps for iOS and Android individually. During the initial stage of the redevelopment of Google Pay with Flutter, the Home page, chat, and payments (using native plugins) were first phases of the app that were prepared by three senior developers. After the approval, the senior staff along with 50 more developers built and deployed the redesigned Google Pay app in six months starting from Singapore. The new Google Pay app is smaller in size, easy to update, and super efficient to manage. Even though it has several new features, its codebase remains 35% smaller than the traditional one.
The popular ByteDance app managed to reduce its package size by 5% and secured a 33% increase in its productivity as well. Flutter was preferred by ByteDance mainly because of its ability to target multiple platforms with a single codebase. Currently, ByteDance uses Flutter to power up multiple projects including Xingfuli, Volcano, Xigua Video, Jike, etc. Out of over 700 developers that are working for ByteDance, over 200 developers are dedicated build and upscale Flutter-based projects in the organization.
Well, Flutter is currently considered a perfect cross-platform solution for developers around the world. And in a world where it will become a new normal to build and deploy apps faster, Flutter is going to ace that segment as well with its massive range of UI elements, APIs, open-source resources, and more. Flutter will deliver its users all the required resources that will help them build apps faster and deploy them.
Lastly, a team of analysts at MobileAppDaily makes sure to regularly release exclusive reports and directories with well-researched and highly informative content that features only the best mobile app development companies from various industries verticals like Healthcare, Blockchain, and many more.
Clearly, the cross-platform app development industry is on the rise, and in no time will take over the market. If you’re looking to hire a top Flutter app development company, you shouldn’t be looking elsewhere! Instead, you can even refer to MobileAppDaily's exclusive list of best app development companies from across the globe.
In case of any queries regarding any of the top Flutter app development companies mentioned on the list, feel free to 'Contact Us' and our team will get in touch with you at the earliest. Don’t forget to ‘Subscribe’ to MobileAppDaily for new and informative updates on more upcoming reports of the year.