Using mobile apps for promoting your business online is the new trend and here’s how you can do it for your restaurant!
Food is something that needs no marketing! Absolutely wrong. In this article, we are going to explain why food marketing is important and how apps can help you do so. Every other day, a restaurant opens in the market. There are millions of restaurants in the world.
Three to four decades ago, the number of restaurants was too small. There were a few restaurants and all used to do good business. What about a business where there is less competition and a huge customer base? When such a scenario occurs, everyone wants to do that business.
This is what happened to the restaurant business. There were 647,288 restaurants in the USA in the year 2017. The report was released by Statista. In India alone, there are more than 1000000 restaurants and that’s a huge number. This is one of the main reasons why we need mobile apps your promote our businesses online.
Now that we know why the restaurant business is so attractive. Have you noticed any challenges in this business? To learn why mobile apps can play a great role in promoting your restaurants, you first need to understand what are the challenges faced by the restaurant business:
These were the challenges. Now let us discuss solutions. Technology cannot assure you great chefs and prime location. But it can definitely help in offering the best promotional activities. We are living in a world where no one survives without smartphones.
People love their smartphones and especially the cool mobile applications. Restaurant mobile app development is seeing a great peak due to this fact. There are thousands of restaurant apps. On average, a person has 60 to 80 apps in smartphones.
The average user spends around 3 hours on mobile phones. According to a survey conducted in the USA, 81% of respondents stated that they prefer searching for restaurants through mobile apps. No matter how tasty the food is, it needs an online presence.
Is your restaurant active on the internet? No? High time to do so. Here are some ways in which mobile apps can help in promoting restaurants.
1. Social media apps: Most downloaded and used mobile apps are Whatsapp and Facebook. Why? Because people nowadays love being social on the internet. According to a report generated by Statista, Facebook has 2.23 billion monthly active users.
As per another report generated by Statista, Twitter has 335 million monthly active users. Do you have an official page on social media channels? Are you active on these pages? Do you have your own hashtags? Start working on these since these are social media trends. These trends are a great way to help when it comes to promotion.
Here are some tips for promoting your restaurant on social media apps:
2. Convenience apps: As the name suggests, these apps offer convenience. These are apps that allow users to book tables in advance. In rush hours like 1 to 3 and 7 to 10, restaurants are full and it becomes difficult to get a vacant table. People with busy schedules usually take help of convenience apps to book tables. These apps are usually offered to put an order first option.
Users not only book a table but also give a food order. Restaurants can benefit a lot. The first benefit is that the user considers the restaurant as a responsible business being on such apps. Another benefit is that you can schedule table timings and reduce the waiting time of other customers. This ultimately adds to the revenue.
3. Restaurant finder apps: These are the apps where you are supposed to register (paid registrations) and the app displays your restaurant details. These apps are used to find the best restaurants on the basis of various filters like location, cuisine, top rated, cheapest, etc.
For instance, if your restaurant server only has Italian food, it will get into the category of Italian food restaurants. Every time a user inserts keywords like the best Italian food near me, your restaurant details show up. Zomato is a great example of such apps. As mentioned before, many people, especially millennials, trust apps, and decisions are mostly app influenced.
4. On-demand apps: Users are ready to pay some extra money to get delicious favorite food on the doorstep. These on-demand apps are amazing. Users can select the restaurant, read the menu, select the favorite item, put the address of delivery, pay online and a delivery guy delivers it within some time. Users who have hectic schedules or are simply not willing to travel or eat can order from on-demand apps. All you need to do is simply register here and start serving online too.
5. Payment apps: These are apps that need to be integrated. Restaurant mobile app development usually involves third part payment apps. Users can easily pay bills using these apps. You don't always need to use it in some restaurant apps. People who visit your restaurant shall be able to pay bills from these payment apps like Paytm, Phonepay, etc. People are being cashless and turning towards plastic money.
6. Crowdsource review app: These apps are like a community where different users come in and share their thoughts, reviews, experiences, etc. One of the best examples of such apps is Yelp. One important thing to learn here is that customers always believe in other customers. Reviews and ratings must be taken very seriously. Set up a page with enticing images of food items, ambiance, staff, etc., you can get good reviews on these apps. Once you get good reviews, the promotion is done.
7. Create your own app: Offer all mentioned facilities and features in your own app. Offer online ordering, home delivery facility, online payment options, online table booking, order, etc. It is recommended to hire the best and most professional restaurant mobile app development companies.
Apps can be a great help in promoting restaurants. As the competition is increasing every day, restaurants must start using technology. For instance, NineHertz is one of the best restaurant mobile app development companies and has a solution to all your problems.
Also, if you are someone who is interested in reading more such articles related to the web and mobile app industry then feel free to follow MobileAppDaily for more. To never miss another important update from us, all you need to do is click on that ‘Subscribe’ button.
The NineHertz is an industry-leading mobile and web development agency. Since 2008, our team of award-winning mobile strategists, web developers, UX/UI designers has delivered over 1000 mobile and digital solutions worldwide within native and cross platforms.