10 Best Outdoor Adventure Apps for Android and iOS Device These outdoor apps are sure to make your outdoor adventures much more fun and productive.
Our Top Picks
Some amazing outdoor adventure apps for Android and iOS devices are listed below, which can help you with some amazing ideas for the best trails as well as the best places around you. Besides, with such apps, you will be able to get some amazing tips for hassle-free camping or hiking.
Best Outdoor Adventure Apps
Oh, Ranger is one of the best adventure apps that helps individuals find open spaces and outdoor activities to indulge in within these open spaces. The user is simply required to download and install the app, and enter their location. The Oh, Ranger app then tells the user about the parks present in the vicinity and activity options within it. The app is your virtual guide to the outdoors. As one of the best outdoor activities apps,
Oh, Ranger includes options for more than 30 different activity categories to find the right place and activities for its users.
Notable Features of Oh Ranger
- The most comprehensive database of public lands in America, including national parks, national forests, and all other federally-managed recreation destinations, as well as every state and local park in the nation
- Activities description is included
- Exact maps and directions
- Important phone numbers
- Seasonality and related lodging information
All Trails is one of the best adventure apps for Android and iOS platforms that help users to discover the most suitable routes for hikes, biking, backpacking, and running trails around the world. With one of the best free hiking apps, the users can easily log their hikes, runs, and mountain bike rides with the app’s GPS activity tracker. The app also allows users to download maps for offline viewing.
Notable features of the AllTrails
- The largest collection of GPS trail maps, topo maps, and downloadable offline maps for trails in national parks and neighborhood areas
- Trails with reviews and ratings from other hikers, cyclists, and trail runners
- Filter routes as per your requirements, like dog-friendly, kid-friendly, and wheelchair-friendly trails
- GPS activity tracker
- Hiking, running, and cycling stats are easily accessible
Yonder, one of the best outdoor apps, has been designed for adventurers of all kinds. With the help of this best app for hiking and other outdoor activities, the users can search and browse a database of more than 20,000 destinations for outdoor activities. With a list of approximately 25 activities to choose from, the app helps hike routes be discovered by new explorers every other day.
Notable features of Yonder
- Find lesser-known, off the beaten paths
- Explore a carefully vetted collection of thousands of nature-rich experiences all in one place
- Refine your search by price, location, activity, pet friendliness, sustainability offering, accessibility
- Shortlist your favorites
- End-to-end secured bookings
- 24/7 support
- Connect to friends, family, and yourself through nature immersive travel and experiences that support ecological harmony
Map My Walk
This is the best app for hiking trails that enables users to examine their hikes from a fitness angle. The hiking trail app provides functionalities for walking, running, hiking, calorie counter, and tracking workouts. The app can log into over 600 different types of workouts and record GPS-based logs to view the detailed statistics and connect with more than 400 wearables in order to import as well as analyze data.
With the help of its Gear Tracker feature, you can synchronize your athletic shoes (Hovr) with the best outdoor channel app and can start tracking mileage. GPS-based workouts with custom voice feedback for stats such as route, pace, calorie burn, elevation profile, and many more can be recorded.
Notable features of Map My Hike
- Audio feedback on every GPS-tracked hike
- 600 different sports to choose from
- Detailed insights on every workout, with detailed stats, including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more
- Review your previous workouts
- Connect with shoes like Hovr and SpeedForm Gemini 2 automatically
- Manage nutrition by connecting MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at the user’s calorie intake and burn.
The Outdooractive app for smartphones, tablets & Wear OS is one of the best apps for hiking, cycling, mountaineering, and other outdoor activities. With the app, the users can find and plan routes around the world, and effective vector maps provide accurate information about hiking and cycling trails, via ferratas, protected areas, etc.
Notable features of Outdoor Activity
- Countless route suggestions for hiking, cycling, and ski touring
- Add text and photos to hiking and camping apps and publish them within the Community or privately with friends
- Record user’s tracks to include their duration, distance, altitudes, etc
- Save maps to your watch
- The users may join one of the app’s walks, cycle, climb or run challenges
- Navigation function with speech output
- Share your real-time location with friends and family
As one of the best outdoor apps, Komoot helps users experience adventure efficiently. A renowned name amongst the other fun adventure apps, Komoot helps users to explore new hike routes and plan hikes, road bikes, and mountain bike rides down to the last inch in the planner. The users may also listen to navigation to ensure they always stay on course—even when offline.
Notable features of Komoot
- Turn-by-turn voice navigation
- Offline maps for outdoor adventures
- Track your rides, and hikes with GPS
- Contribute photos, tips, and highlights to the community and show you’re a local expert
- Komoot automatically syncs your routes, tracks, and photos across all devices, including smartphone, desktop, tablet, and Android wear
- One of the best apps for hiking supports several devices, including Garmin, Wahoo, etc.
MSW Surf Forecast
The Magicseaweed mobile app is one of the best camping apps out there that provide long-range surf forecasts and wind gusts for thousands of spots around the globe. This efficient outdoor activities app accurately forecasts the MSW star rating, surf height, swell height, period, direction, wind speed, and air and water temperatures for an all-encompassing camping, hiking, and other sporting experience. As one of the best camping apps, MSW editorial also features the latest surf news.
Notable features of MSW Surf Forecast
- More than 150 surf cams to locate spots worldwide
- Monitor swell, wind, period, and pressure charts
- Provides live buoy and wind data
- Includes real-time surf reports from trusted reporters
- Provides latest surf news
- Accessible across all devices
- Local surf-spot and beach business directory.
Google Street View
Google Street View is amongst the fun adventure apps that is the perfect aid and companion for the traveler in you. As one of the best adventure apps, Google Street view helps its users to explore world landmarks, discover natural wonders, and step inside locations such as museums, arenas, restaurants, and small businesses with ease and efficiency.
Features of Google Street View
- Google’s wide variety of special collections
- Explore all types and sets of Street View
- Review your public profile of published photo spheres (especially, if you are business)
- Creating, managing, and sharing photospheres using your phone’s camera (no camera accessories required)
- Share to Google Maps as immersive photo spheres
- Share privately as flat photos
UVLens is one of the best backpacking apps as it helps adventurers in gauging the imminent exposure to sunlight’s ultraviolet radiation (UV) at a particular time. As these rays can damage the user’s skin, cause sunburn, and increase the risk of skin cancer, UVLens, as one of the most efficient outdoor channel apps, show you when you need to take care and when you can safely enjoy the sun.
Notable features of UVLens
- Helps plan out the best time to be outside
- See the UV index forecast for the day
- Find your burn risk
- Find out how long you can spend in the sun without sunscreen by taking a personalized skin type assessment.
As one of the best adventure apps, Geocaching keeps its users engaged innovatively. The app includes one of the largest treasure-hunting communities, and the app itself is your ultimate geocaching toolbox. There are millions of clever containers called geocaches hidden in almost every country on Earth, just waiting to be found. Geocaching, as one of the unique outdoor apps, leads its users to the adventure of finding their geocaches.
Notable features of Geocaching
- Description, recent activity, attributes, and hints to find each geocache
- Live Search continuously updates nearby geocaches in real-time
- Message other players for tips, hints, etc
- Adjust your navigation and distance settings to your personal preference
- Log a geocache instantly, or save the same as a draft for later
- Add photos to share your adventure
- Your geocaching maps shall include street, satellite, and other hybrid details
All these amazing outdoor adventure apps for Android and iOS are perfect while planning an adventurous trip. You could choose to download and install one or more of these outdoor apps to track, monitor, and analyze the most suitable space and time for all your outdoor adventures. We hope you like our report and found the perfect app for your needs. If you have any questions, or if you want to get your app reviewed, contact MobileAppDaily.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.