15 Best LGBTQ Dating Apps You Should Have in 2023These best LGBTQ dating apps such as Grindr take user security and privacy security very seriously.
Dating is a task that most people find tough offline- especially when Covid has forced everyone to stay at their homes. At times like these, dating apps thrive; thus, app manufacturers are focusing on the best gay dating apps to provide LGBTQ+ people with a safe environment.
Our Top Picks
Challenges for the gay communities are still far from over. Thus, it is important to offer the LGBTQ+ community a safe environment where they can meet open-minded people. Now, these best gay dating apps for relationships that we are discussing here are the tools that can help with that.
Best LGBTQ dating apps of 2023
Grindr - One of the best LGBTQ dating apps
This one of the best LGBTQ dating apps 2022 is leading the dating market currently. This free dating app is exclusively designed for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Users can match with other users for free and exchange texts. Moreover, the new feature allows group chatting as well.
Features of this one of the best gay dating apps
- See profiles according to your location
- Chat and exchange images with security
- Customize profile pictures, bio, and more
- Star favorite profiles and block the unwanted ones
- Share your location from the app itself
Scruff - A top dating app for LGBT
This gay meet app is designed for gay, bi, trans, and queer guys to connect. A trendsetter for the future of dating apps, the Scruff app is free to install and has a global network of 15 million users. The app includes the search and filter option so you can find people most compatible with you.
Features of this one of the best gay dating apps for relationships
- Has a 15 million+ user network
- Find guys in your neighborhood easily
- Participate in the live Queer Quiz Show
- Find people looking for the same thing as you are with filters
Hornet - The best dating app for LGBT
This one of the top apps for LGBT youth works like a social media app highlighting your important moments of life. There are more than 25 million people registered on this best gay dating app. You can add people and follow their profiles as well. Moreover, with Filter, you can find exactly what you are looking for.
Features of this one of the gay dating apps
- Use the filter to find like-minded people
- Become a part of a 25 million+ user network
- Find guys in your neighborhood
- Follow profiles to see them in your newsfeed
HER - A top LGBTQ dating app
This iOS-exclusive LGBT dating app has a network of more than 7 million users. The app is exclusively designed for lesbians and bi-women. The app includes additional features apart from dating as well- News is one of the many examples. Moreover, HER also organizes parties around the world in 15 cities for its users.
Features of this LGBT dating app
- More than 7 million users are onboard
- Free to install on smartphones
- Premium begins at $14.99 per month
- Enjoy HER organized parties in 25 cities across the world
Hinge - One of the top LGBTQ+ dating apps
Hinge is a free dating app designed for everyone. The app offers a seamless experience and an interesting UI. Moreover, the app also includes the question features that you can ask with your matches if you are out of conversations. The app advertises with the concept that it is designed to make people delete dating apps. Well, it’s working out for many already.
Features of this one of the best free gay dating apps
- The app is designed to be deleted
- Suitable for all including LGBTQ+ communities
- Includes report profile feature to complain
- You can ask automated questions to begin conversations
Lex - The best dating app for LGBT
Designed just for the Queer community, this one of the best gay dating apps is a delight in the market. The app is designed to be text-centric, thus, people connect based on things they read on profiles. To begin with, you need to introduce yourself in texts instead of uploading selfies.
Features of this one of the top LGBT dating apps
- Designed for the Queer community
- Includes users spread in 200 countries
- Owned and operated by Queer people
- Based on texts more than selfies
Feeld - One of the top LGBTQ apps
This one of the best gay chat apps is designed for everyone, including the LGBTQ+ communities. The app is a safe space to communicate with strangers who share the same thoughts. Moreover, the app includes more than 20+ gender identities to make it inclusive for everyone.
Features of this one of the best LGBTQ dating apps 2022
- 20+ sexual identities to make it useful for everyone
- 20+ gender identities to make it inclusive for everyone
- Set filters and meet like-minded people
- Connect with people globally
NUiT Astrology Match - Best app for LGBTQ dating
This dating app is designed for Astrology buffs to meet with people who have the same level of passion for Astrology. By using this one of the best horoscope apps, you can match with people and check your Astro compatibility as well. Moreover, the chat app provides detailed compatibility insights of you with your matches.
Features of this one of the best LGBTQ dating apps
- Check Astro compatibility with your matches
- Get detailed compatibility reports
- Find Astrology buffs and like-minded people
- Use your birth details to upload the Astrology information
OkCupid - One of the top LGBTQ dating apps
This dating app is responsible for 195 million matches per year on average. The app includes fun features such as question answers for matches. You can filter the list of profiles according to your preferences. Moreover, the app is free to use with some premium paid features.
Features of this one of the best free gay dating apps
- Use automated questions to interact
- Set filters to curate profiles
- Join millions of users and explore
- Find like-minded people with their bio
The League - A top dating app for LGBT
This dating app is a perfect tool to find someone who shares your interests. Moreover, the app allows you to filter profiles according to your interests. You can find millions of genuine profiles to match with.
Features of this best gay dating app
- Find people who share the same drives as you
- Join millions of users on the platform
- The app focuses on quality while curating profiles for you
- Join groups and events to participate in more tasks
ROMEO - One of the top LGBTQ apps
If you are looking for the best gay hookup apps, ROMEO is a perfect pick for you. This dating app for LGBT communities has amazing free features that will offer you an ad-free premium experience. You can send unlimited likes, chat, video calls, customize your profile, and do much more on this best dating app for LGBT without having to pay even a single penny.
Features of this one of the best LGBTQ apps
- Ad-free experience
- Unlimited scrolling through profiles for free
- Comes with a free Travel Mode
- A premium subscription allows you to ‘Appear Offline’
GROWLr - The best gay dating app
Another top name in the list of the best gay hook up apps, GROWLr has millions of users around the world. The app has amazing features such as 1-on-1 video calls, live broadcasts, swiping through profiles from all over the world, and more. You can install this one of the gay chat apps and enjoy its premium and free features.
Features of this top dating app for LGBTQ communities
- Connect with gay people from all over the world
- Video call to your connections from the app itself
- Chat or go live
- Customize profiles with pictures and more information about yourself
Bumble - One of the best LGBTQ+ dating apps
Credited as one of the safest dating apps for women, Bumble also offers an inclusive dating platform for LGBTQ+ communities. You can onboard this one of the top best lesbian dating apps and explore profiles in your local area or anywhere in the world. However, to explore profiles outside your regions, you will need to subscribe to the premium version.
Features of this one of the top LGBTQ+ dating apps
- Free basic features like likes, chats, etc
- Unlimited likes for paid profiles
- Change location with Bumble Premium Subscription
- Allows calling and video calling from the app itself
Blued - One of the leading gay chat apps
One of the best dating apps, Blued is a thoughtfully designed product that helps users in increasing their social networks. The app has over 58 million users from LGBTQ+ communities. You can join the app to meet like-minded fellows nearby your location. The app also supports the integration of your social media apps like Instagram, Facebook, etc so you can express yourself better.
Features of this one of the best LGBTQ+ dating apps
- Free to use and install
- Supports integration of social media like Instagram and Facebook
- Find and connect people in your region
- Send disappearing messages and videos
Tser - A leading gay dating app
One of the best trans dating apps, Tser is designed to bring trans people closer. Here trans men and trans women can sign up to find soulmates in their areas. The app also allows video calling so before meeting offline, users can video chat and be sure of the safety and authenticity of their matches.
Features of this one of the best trans dating apps
- An ad-free experience
- Includes in-app purchases
- In-built video calling feature for matches
- Find transpeople in your area to connect
In a time when still LGBTQ+ communities are not given their rights everywhere, dating apps must keep their privacy protected. Thus, these apps that we curated here are useful. These apps follow proper security standards to make sure the data stored on apps remain safe and that no users have to suffer any harm.
If you are a developer and working on an app like the above-mentioned LGBTQ dating apps, you should get your app reviewed. It will help you in identifying the real potential of your mobile app and you will also know if it lacks any feature that can be added to make it popular.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.