Do you have any media player on your smartphone? Sure, you must have one but are you happy with that. I am asking this because most of the Android users experienced this common problem. Finding a reliable, fast and smart media player is not an easy task in the Google Play store. You will find a plethora of apps claiming to the best media player in the Google Play Store. However, the story with most of them will be the same either they have too many flaws or ask you to purchase the premium version for better experience. But, Kodi is the answer to all your questions, XBMC foundations develop the media player. Kodi is free of cost and open source media player that supports most of the video and music format. Besides the media player also works as an easy-to-manage image gallery.
Moreover, you can install Kodi on your Chromebook for seamless video streaming experience. However, the installing process depends on which type of Chromebook you are using. So, we have mentioned different ways required to install Kodi on different Chromebooks below.
Download Kodi on Chromebook with Google Play store access
This is the most simple and straightforward process but only for the users having the Chromebook running on OS that supports Android apps and has access to the Google Play Store. You just need to launch the play store app and download the Kodi app.
- Open the Google Play Store
- Search the Kodi player
- Download an install the app.
Download Kodi on Chromebook without Google Play Store
As not, all the Chromebooks does not support Android apps and don't have access to the Google play store that doesn't mean you can't have Kodi on it. All you need to do is take a few extra steps to install Kodi player on your Chromebook. First, you need to make sure that your Chromebook OS is up to date. Check for the update and update the OS if there is any queued update.
- Launch the Chrome web browser
- Open the menu by clicking the three dots at the top left of the screen
- Select the ‘About Chrome OS’
- Now if there is an update available, it will automatically start downloading it.
No, you need to install the ARC Welder app on Chromebook to install the Kodi. ARC Welder is an app development app, don't worry if you're not a developer it is just to install Kodi. Go to the Chrome App Store and install ARC Welder app.
The ARC welder app will help you in installing the Kodi app using the APK file. As you don't have Google play store, so you need to install the app via its APK file. Now, you must download the APK file of Kodi from any reliable source. At this step, you need to make sure that you are downloading the APK from a trusted source. There is a plethora of website offering the APK but with corrupted or defected files. APK mirror or APKPure are the most reliable sources to download the APK files.
Launch the ARC welder and tab the ‘+’ sign in a red circle, and you will see the list of APK’s you have downloaded. Select the Kodi APK to start the installation process.
- Open ARC app
- Click the + to add the APK
- Select the Kodi APK
- Click the Open button at the bottom.”
- After getting the instructions on how to use Kodi, click Test to launch the app
Download Kodi on Chromebook with a chrome extension
Where ARC makes it is possible to run Kodi on non-Android Chromebooks, it also comes with a flaw. ARC allows only one app to run at a time this means you need to ‘Test’ Kodi everytime you want to use it. However, there is another way to skip this inconvenience, chrome browser allows you to add the Kodi extensions. Here are the steps to add Kodi extension to your chrome browser
- Open chrome browser on your Chromebook with a new tab
- Click on three dotted icons at the left top corner
- Select ‘More Tools’, and a drop-down list will open
- Click on ‘extension’ from the drop-down list
- Check the ‘Developers mode’ on the top of the screen
- Click the ‘load unpacked extensions,’ and a new window will appear
- Find the download folder and locate the KODI.APK file that you have created using ARC
- Now click on the Open button at the bottom of the window
Now, you know that installing the Kodi on Chromebook is very easy if you have access to Google Play Store. However, in the case of a Chromebook with no support for Android apps, ARC Welder is the only option for you. Use above mentioned methods to get the KODI app on your Chromebook.
You may also like: