Do I need to explain the Snapchat? I hope not because there is already a lot of buzz around it. If the platform itself wasn’t popular enough among the masses, then its ‘Stories’ feature did the magic.
To start with, I must tell you, when Snapchat was introduced in 2011, it was named as “Picaboo,” and then in 2012, it got its present name. Snapchat instantly came into limelight, and people start loving it. To make it more engaging and stimulating, the Snapchat infused more features like “Geofilters,“ “Stories” and “Discover” in 2014.
Later, the multimedia messaging app also give shot to “Spectacles” glasses, which acts as a regular sunglasses that capture your world, the way you see it. Spectacles capture your perspective with circular photos and videos, reflecting the way you see the world. It helped the Snapchat to add more users’ to its list.
If you are new to it and haven’t explored one of the best social media apps, I can help you to get going. This article will guide you how to tread on the Snapchat on an Android from the beginning, and the step-by-step flow will enlighten you more.
Let’s get started.
How To Use Snapchat
Before jumping into it, make sure, you have downloaded the Snapchat app. If you are an Android user, you can get it from Google Play Store. Launch the Snapchat app after downloading and straight away sign-up with your email id and phone number. After that, the app will automatically add your Android’s contact list to your friend list on the Snapchat.
The main screen
After getting over with the set-up, you will get to see the main screen of the Snapchat’s app on your Android device that will sport the camera. You can click a picture or make a video with that. You will also see features scattered all over the screen. On the top left, you will get the search bar, besides that, there will be a flash option (turn the flash on/off), next to it sits the option to flip over to the other camera. Going down the lane, the left side of the screen will take you to your friend list and the person with whom you want to chat. You can also go there by swiping right. The right side will display the Snapchat updates of the people you have subscribed to. And just on the chin of the click button at the center down of the screen, you will get the gallery where all of your clicked pictures and videos will be saved.
How To Use Snapchat Stories
Get to the point and publish your first Snap. Click a picture or make a short video, and post the first story of your Snapchat app. For taking a picture, simply tap the shutter button once. And for making a video, you need to press and hold the shutter button. You can add multiple stories in one go. The story doesn’t end here. You can add a lot more to your story.
How To Add More Fun To Your Snap
Snapchat offers a full range of tools to personalize the platform according to the user’s preference. Whether it's a Filter that frames the moments at the graduate ceremony or a Lens that make friends get together a lot more comic, the Snapchat lets you add anything.
- Community Filters: You can share anything from your surroundings, be it the bus stop, an old museum, local landmark, or any public location. Community Filters are free to create, so anyone can submit one and help others with new add-ons.
- Lenses: Bring back your friend's favorite Lens at their birthday party, or customize your own to make any event even more playful and fun.
- Text: As it suggests, you can add text on your snap by selecting the “T” option from the top right side of your screen. Then you can write anything and place it on your preferred location.
- Filters: Filters are always fun. Create and purchase your own Filter to frame birthdays, weddings, and any other event. It will help you to make the memories more vibrant.
- Drawing: If the text looks to be from old school to you, you can switch to drawing. The option in the shape of the pencil will enable you to draw over the captured image or video clip. Further, you can choose from a number of colors.
Now, as you know the full drill, get the app on your Android device and rock on with your first Snap. Make use of filters, lens, and other features to make your first Snap memorable one. If your story is too personal, you can limit the audience by picking the desired people from your friend list and after posting the story, only the selected ones’ will be able to view your story.
Are you still wondering, “How to use Snapchat messages?” Well, it is just not limited to posting pictures and videos, you can also text your friends. One quirky thing about the Snapchat messages is, the messages disappear once you leave the conversation and if you wish to save the messages, you have to press the particular text long. After that, you can view the saved messages in the chat.
Over to you now.
You may also like