Online forums have been in trend after the successful launch of professional websites or blogs. Being a discussion platform, these forums help the website’s customers to share their views on any topic. A website associated with e-commerce businesses or about SEO connected topics even holds a forum in it. Basically, forum served as a unified platform for enterprises. Hence, allows the users for discussing, preparing, and clearing their doubts. Forum platforms are highly helpful, therefore being featured with numerous websites of multiple niches. In case, you are a Linux user and thinking to begin a forum to assist others you can go for any forum software. It will help you to build a community. Here, comes the question that how to choose open forum software for Linux? Is it tough? The answer is no, it is not.
Today, I am going to reveal 10 best open source forum software for Linux systems. So, what are you waiting for? Have a look on the list quickly.
1. Simple Machines Forum: It is one of the top forum solutions for almost a decade. In spite of its somewhat outdated look, this forum platform remains famous among users. This is because of its wide variety of settings.
Price: It is absolutely free.
2. bbPress: The next forum platform is bbPress. It is designed to work on the WordPress Content Management System (CMS) as a plugin. The platform is supported on most WordPress themes, and it is under frequent development, which is a plus.
Price: It is free of cost!
3. vBulletin Connect: vBulletin offers numerous forum solutions and vBulletin Connect is one of them. It can be purchased by a license, with sufficient features, in order to warrant the price tag. This is one of the popular paid forum software.
Price: vBulletin Connect costs $249
4. phpBB: It is one of the oldest forum projects. The first edition was shipped near the end of 2000. Since then its development has moved forward gradually. Now, it is considered to be the most popular forum solution.
Price: It is 100% free.
5. Discourse: It doesn't look like the other picks we’ve covered, at first glance. Discourse is a forum software, but quite modern. Most of its features are optimized for the mobile phones, and the platform looks smooth on all of them.
Price: It is free of cost, but also gives forum hosting packages.
6. IP.Board: Another robust forum software to create forums. It offers well-designed pages for numerous communities. IP. Board is a perfect tool to make superb websites and enhance the experience for viewers.
Price: Available in both free, as well as paid versions.
7. XenForo: This is one of the intuitive extensible forum software, providing a highly flexible community. XenForo offers durability, speed, and compelling community exercises.
Price: The cost of 1 to 2 licenses is $140.
8. Zetaboards: It features free of cost hosting for the forums, offering wonderful service for the development of the online community. Zetaboards works like an excellent place to meet, discuss, and share information. It has a huge popularity and has been used by numerous people around the world.
Price: It is free.
9. fluxBB: This forum software is specifically developed to offer a quick and lighter substitute of the heave forum applications. Its latest edition is much more safe and secure. Moreover, fluxBB has become more stable now.
Price: It is free of cost!
10. miniBB: Being an open source forum software, it provides you the ability to function independently from one hardware smoothly. It is a highly customizable platform, making it preferable to build an interesting discussion forum.
Price: starts from $20.
After considering the importance of forum software, I have mentioned 10 best forum software for Linux. In case, you are interested in setting up a forum for your website or blog, it is crucial to know which open source software should you use. Hope, by now, you are able to pick one for your business.
You may also like:
Being a technology enthusiast and senior writer at MobileAppDaily, Meenakshi Mamgai loves to share her thoughts on cutting-edge technologies. With a masters degree in English literature and relevant experience in the technical world, now her aim is to simplify things for users. Talking about her interests, she is writing on Mobile Apps, Blockchain, IoT, and other emerging technologies.Follow
From leading business houses to budding startups, everyone can bank on us for all their future insights.A look at our mighty stats is a proof enough of our intentions to drive emerging advancements in the mobile industry and reinventing digital media in every possible way JOIN US!