If you are a proud owner of a tamed horse in Minecraft, then you would surely want to know how you can put a saddle on it! Doing so will allow you to control your horse’s movements in the best way possible, so go get reading if that is what tickles your pickle! And if it’s some cool custom Minecraft skins you are looking for, then go to https://skins4minecraft.com/ where you can download some of the best ones available on the web!
So, in order to put a saddle on a horse in Minecraft, the first thing you should do is to go to your hotbar menu in the actual game. Find a saddle in there and select it.
Now, depending on the dame controller you have, there are some actions you will need to perform:
- If you are an owner of Java Edition (either for PC or Mac), Windows 10 Edition, or the Education Edition, right click on the horse. That will help you mount it. Then press the ‘E’ button for inventory.
- If it’s Pocket Edition (PE) you are playing in, move the pointer arrow to your horse and press ‘Mount’. Once mounted, press the button that resembles 3 dots and opens the inventory. Pick the saddle in your inventory and you are done!
- For all the PS3 and PS4 users, find the L2 key on your controller and press it. Find the triangular-shaped button to open the inventory.
- If you are a proud owner of an Xbox 360 or an Xbox One, press the LT button on the controller. The Y will open your inventory up.
- If you either play on Wii U or on a Nintendo Switch, you should press the ZL button on your gamepad. That will help you mount the horse. After doing so, you should press the X button for the inventory to open.
After doing that, you should be taken into your inventory. In there, you should see a certain display of all the things available for your horse to wear.
Pick the saddle from your inventory and move it to the saddle box. The saddle box is situated on the left to the picture of your horse.
After your saddle is safely put in there, your horse shall be wearing it!
Return to the game and check out how fancy she is looking!
Once your horse is wearing a saddle, we are guessing that you would be eager to know how to actually ride it and then dismount your animal.
Once again, you should look for the right game control that is compatible to your device of choice:
- For all the Java Edition (PC/Mac), Windows 10 Edition and the Education Edition players, right click on your horse.
- If you are a player in the Pocket Edition (PE), you should move your pointer over your horse and hit the ‘Mount’ button.
- If you play on PS3 or PS4, find the L2 button on your controller and then press it.
- If you either have an Xbox 360 or an Xbox One, then press the LT button on your game controller.
- If you either play on Wii U or a Nintendo Switch, you should find the ZL button on your gamepad and then press it.
Once you have done that, you will successfully mount and be riding your new horse! If you want to move the horse, you should use the same controls that you yourself would use to move. If you want to see yourself riding the horse, change the camera angle if you want to see.
If you want to dismount your horse, then you should use the following game modes:
- Press the left shift key if you have either have a Java Edition (PC/Mac), Windows 10 Edition or an Education Edition.
- You should press the Center button (crouch/sneak button) twice if you are a player on the Pocket Edition (PE).
- If you are an owner of either a PS3, a PS4, an Xbox 360, an Xbox One, a Wii U, or a Nintendo Switch, then you should press the Right Stick (RS) on your controller.
Congratulations! You have now tremendously stepped up your game in terms of Minecraft! You can now also go and show off to all your friends!
Jack of all trades. Covering the journalism field, Vikram writes at MobileAppDaily and keeps surfing the trends to understand tech and inventions better. Don’t forget his driving skills, he is a professional car rallyist. Life has just got better. Breathe it!! Follow