Looking for a way to downgrade your device from iOS Beta to official version? Here is how you can
The latest versions of the mobile operating systems are keep coming to the devices almost every year with new features and updates. Apple released its iOS 11 last year in September for the users along with some new additions including Animojis and AR apps. However, in order to test the platform and its user-experience, the companies first release a beta version of the OS. These beta versions aren't the finished products rather a software under the development for users to know how the coming update works.Tech giants like Apple and Google rolls the beta version for testing purpose and to find out the bugs via feedbacks.
In order to get an early access to the upcoming product and explore new functionality most of us download the available beta version. But, these versions come with limited functionality and bugs that make our phones unstable. This requires you to know the process for downgrading an iOS beta version to a official release of iOS.
In this article, you will get to know how to downgrade an iOS version as well as how to upgrade the beta version to the latest public release.
It is obvious to upgrade your iPhone with latest available iOS beta version. But, if you are done exploring new updated iOS available with bugs and imperfection it's time for switching back to the official release.
1. The very first step you will be taking is backing up your data including photos and contacts. The downgrade of the iOS version may cause you data loss so it is advised to backup the data. The iCloud is the best option for storing the personal data, you can also store it locally or can use other cloud storage services.
2. Now, you need to download the firmware of the latest available iOS update on your computer. Search the web, you will find the latest iOS release available specifically for your iPhone.
3. While you are downloading the latest available iOS release make sure that “Find My iPhone” is disabled on your iPhone. To check, go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
4. Connect the iOS device to your computer using USB cable and launch the iTunes.
5. Tap the Summary option available on the left side of your computer screen, you will see the details of your iPhone.
6. While holding the Shift key (for Windows) or the Option key (for Mac), click the Restore iPhone. Make sure you hit the Restore iPhone while holding the respective keys on Mac or Windows.
7. In this step, a new window will pop up in front of you and ask you to choose the firmware you want to downgrade your iPhone with. You will see the firmware you have downloaded earlier.
8. Once you select the firmware the iTunes will restore your iPhone by installing the iOS.
After the restore process is completed your iPhone will run on the officially released iOS version.
So, you were toying with the iOS beta version of the upcoming update and Apple suddenly dropped the full version officially. Now, you need to upgrade your iPhone from beta to latest available iOS version.
1. To upgrade from beta to official release go to Settings > General > Profile and tap on the iOS Beta Software Profile.
2. A screen will appear showing you the Beta Software profile you have used for signing in.
3. With all the other details you will see the Delete Profile option, tap on that to delete the profile.
4. Now, your iPhone will delete the Beta Software profile, however, the job isn't done yet. Your iPhone is still running on the Beta Software.
5. Now you need to go to the Settings > General > Software Update and if there is an update available it will start appearing there and you can install the latest iOS version. As you have deleted the Beta Software profile the iPhone will no longer show you the Beta version updates.
These two methods will help you in switching from iOS beta version to the official releases. You can either go back to the previous iOS update or jump to the latest released iOS upgrade of the beta version you are using. Currently, the publicly launched iOS 11 is available for the users.
She is an experienced business and marketing consultant of the mobile app industry; advising on anything from the perfect branding to the latest tech releases. She is passionate about writing well-researched reports to help the app owners and the mobile app industry audience. She has a vibrant touch that goes well in her writing as well.