If you are an android user and haven’t enabled your “OK Google”, you’re missing out on a lot of awesomeness. For the Android devices running on 4.4 KitKat or above, you can download the Google App- Google Now Launcher in the play store. Now that we’re all on the same page, let's get started! To enable Google Assistant, go to the Menu>Settings>Voice> “OK Google.” You can either give the command as “OK Google” “Open Gmail” and shortly after Google Now would take you to your emails or you can simply tap the Microphone button in the Google Search Bar. If it's not on your home screen swipe right from your Main Screen to access Google Now.
- Unlock All Answers : “OK Google” can enable you to open apps, go to a website, search for images, get a list of nearby restaurants or exhibitions (anything really), get a list of vacation spots, ask it to play your favorite Netflix shows, get your favourite sports scores (don’t forget to mention the date/day in the command), ask it any mathematical calculations, unlock your favorite tunes or simply ask “Google OK” to sing you a song. It can even set an alarm for you if you ask it.
- Get weather forecast, news or even a motivation quote: Just tap the home button and when asked, “How may I help You?”, simply respond with a Good Morning and it’ll respond with a Good Morning (xoxo) followed by weather forecast and read your news from the selected news sources. In fact, every time you greet “OK Google”, it’ll read you the latest news after a greeting. Feeling low, simply ask the AI assistant for a motivational quote. If you’re wondering how do I customize my news, Go to Settings> Adjust Settings for all your Google Assistant Devices> Select News and customize your news sources.
- Look up for unopened emails, set reminders or update your grocery list: “OK Google” can draw information from all other Google apps and so if you’re wondering if there are any unanswered emails, simply ask the AI Assistant, “Did I miss any emails from Tuesday?” or command the same to set a reminder to reply to the email from Tuesday or even just where you left your car keys. Google Keep is a great way to safe keep your Grocery list and when you ask the Google Assistant for the list, it’ll draw the information from your Google Keep.
- Speak any language: The AI can translate 188 languages and so if you want to know what is Dog in Arabic, just give the command to Google AI. If you didn’t get it the first time, you can ask to repeat the phrase.
- Make travelling hasslefree: If you’re on travels or planning one, “OK Google” has all the answers for you. You get a list of nearby restaurants (anything really) nearby to your location, a list of vacation spots, a list of cheap flight tickets or a reminder to catch the flight. Your Personal Assistant is equally efficient no matter where you go. Want to know how many Viet dongs is a dollar? Just ask the Assistant!
Google aims to make its Assistant as personal as it can get. If you’re bored in the subway, just say “OK Google, I’m Bored.” and it’ll come up with cheesy jokes and games you can play with it. You can start a conversation or play tricks with the AI with commands such as- Roll a dice, Flip a coin, Make me a sandwich or Beam me up, Scotty!.
For the Latest Mobile App Technology News and Reviews, follow MobileAppDaily on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN, Instagram and Flipboard.
Written By Follow
She is a content marketer and has more than five years of experience in IoT, blockchain, Web, and mobile development. In all these years, she closely followed the app development, and now she writes about the existing and the upcoming mobile app technologies. Her essence is more like a ballet dancer.