Google has celebrated its 19th birthday in its own style by releasing a Google Doodle. This Doodle consists of a spin wheel game which includes 19 surprises that Google has introduced over the years.
To honor and celebrate this special day of Google, we thought to pick up some random and interesting facts about Google in no particular order.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin founded Google in 1998 and its amalgamation was done on 4th September 1998. However, Google celebrates its birth anniversary on 27th September since 2006.
- The founders of Google ‘Lary Page’ and ‘Sergey Brin’ designed its first doodle during Burning Man festival in 1988.
- More than 72000 people are employed by Google.
- Google is the world leader when it comes to minting money from digital and mobile ad revenue.
- Google analysts estimate that nearly $50 Billion which is 67% of Google’s net digital ads income will be earned by mobile in 2017 which is much higher than the previous amount $38 Billion in 2016.
- Google had acquired the 90.3 percent of search engine’s market share in the world in October 2016. However, latest data shows Google owns 86.8 percent in July 2017.
- Google search engine has more than hundreds of billions of web pages whose size is over 10 crores gigabytes.
- Five of the top ten mobile apps in the USA like YouTube, Google Play, Google Maps, Gmail and Google Search are owned by Google.
- ‘Wojcicki’ the CEO of YouTube, his garage was used as Google’s first office.
- Google purchased YouTube for a huge amount of $1.65billion which was its largest acquisition at that time.
For the Latest Mobile App Technology News and Reviews, follow MobileAppDaily on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Flipboard.
Written By Follow
She is a content marketer and has more than five years of experience in IoT, blockchain, Web, and mobile development. In all these years, she closely followed the app development, and now she writes about the existing and the upcoming mobile app technologies. Her essence is more like a ballet dancer.