The world is exploding with mobile application and its benefits in almost every sector. Mobile app industry is experiencing an immense increment in economy aspects since last two years. Revenue of app store is directly affected by the enterprise usability of mobile applications. Mobile app store revenue saw almost 40% hike last year. Continuous addition of numerous application to the store leading to the rise in downloads number and in-app purchase. Let's have a look at some figures from last year of the app store.
- Revenue of Apple iOS store is alone got a hike of 50% in 2016. China is the largest contributor in this increment.
- The sale was led by the gaming application with the rise of 75% for Apple and 90% for Android stores.
- Due to third-party integration in Android store total amount paid to the publisher in 2016 is $89 million.
- Gross app revenue is increased by 15% to 40%.
- Apple is leading platform in terms of revenue generation.
Contribution of Video and Shopping Apps
Other than Gaming Apps, shopping application is widely used across the globe. These are most engaging apps due to its services and functionality, time spent is growing 30% year by year.
- Countries like France, Germany, and Uk have experienced the highest growth in sessions of a shopping app.
- Youtube was the leading video streaming app last year in US and UK. In terms of revenue, Netflix leads the track thanks to In-app purchase integration.
- In China, Youku outruns iQIYI with maximum active users in 2016. However, iQIYI holds the top position as in revenue generation iOS store.
- Live Streaming app Inke . have shown a great potential of giving a tough fight to others apps in China and rest of Asia.
Here are counts for the downloads in 2016 for mobile application.
- Overall download worldwide increased by 15% from 2015 to 2016 with the total downloads increasing by 13 million from Apple and Android stores.
- In total there were more than 90 million downloads from these two stores.
- A major contributor to the Apple growth is China with 80% of the total downloads.
- Total time spent on apps grew by 25%, increasing by the 150 million hours every year. The total time spent is reached to 9000 billion years in 2016.
Roleplay of China
- China has the top position for iOS App revenue in 2016 with a maximum number of downloads.
- China records more than 2 million publisher revenue in its Q4 which is the biggest by any country.
- As an App publisher china App market is ideal to generate maximum revenue.
- China will continue to play a significant role in the hike of app development economy as it proved in iOS.
2017 will be more productive
In the beginning of 2017, we have already witnessed the new mobile app technology and trends. This year will be even more revenue generative as the mobile application are integrating with every field. Mobile app technology is evolving every day with the recent advancement in the tech world to enhance our lifestyle. According App Annie mobile app revenue is going to cross $101 million by 2020.
Tanya Editor In Chief
She is a content marketer and has more than five years of experience in IoT, blockchain, Web, and mobile development. In all these years, she closely followed the app development, and now she writes about the existing and the upcoming mobile app technologies. Her essence is more like a ballet dancer.