Interesting StatsAccording to the App Annie, Apple will remain the top scorer in revenue generation from the app store.
Here are some stats presented by the App Annie in their report
- App Annie states that gross revenue by the app store will increase by 20% per year over the forecasted period.
- Total count of revenue will be $352 billion in 2021.
- According to the reports, the total consumer spending will be $139 billion.
- App Annie states that 85% of the total consumers spending in 2021 will be from five major countries- US, China, Japan, UK and South Korea.
- India, Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia are stated as emerging markets to contribute in revenue of mobile app store.
- China will be the biggest contributor to the app store with $56 billion of the total.
- China will be the biggest contributor also in Apple store revenue.
- The app download will increase by 19% per annum in the Chinese market.
- India is highlighted as the most influential emerging market. India is expected to have amazing growth in smartphone ownership in next 5 years.
- App Annie predicted revenue contribution by India to grow annualised rate of 28% to 23 billion in 2021.
- Gross consumer spending is expected on gaming apps to exceed more $105 billion in 2021 via all app stores.
- Other categories including media, news and dating are forecasted to constitute $34 billion together in 2021.
- The reports state that the publisher monetising through app store should consider regular investment in mature markets to see spectacular growth in the app store.
- App Annie advice publisher looking to enter china market should be concerned about localisation and partnership. This is suggested to fill the gap between cultures or differences with the west.